Motive (501+ Employees, 139% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Hardware Product Manager, you will craft compelling physical and digital product experiences to delight our customers.
Before Motive, we built products at Amazon, Google, GoPro, Meta/Oculus, Twitter, and Uber. At Motive, we solve a real-world problem and not a virtual world problem. We are here to do the best work of our life, and we hope you are too.
What You'll Do:
- Craft a compelling physical and digital product experience to delight our customers.
- Deliver a multi-year hardware roadmap leading to the best IoT device portfolio for the fleet telematics industry
- Own the vision and execution of the hardware and the corresponding firmware capabilities.
- Set and articulate the product's vision, and get buy-in from our CEO, CPO, and CTO.
- Drive new hardware projects from ideation through implementation and launch, focusing on excellent execution
- Balance technical tradeoffs such as installation experience, size, compute, battery, connectivity to deliver a winning solution.
- Continue to build additional value by optimizing the user experience of over 500K+ hardware devices in the field.
- Collaborate across multiple products, engineering, and go-to-market teams to ship the products that our customers would love
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of product management experience with expertise in launching hardware products from concept to launch.
- You have solid experience with the hardware product development cycle and embedded systems experience
- You have high “EQ” and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You are curious about a new market where you don’t have first-hand experience. You work diligently to understand customers' mindsets in a new market and enjoy delivering delightful experiences quickly.
- You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with different personality types and seniority levels.
- You are a trailblazer who is humble, kind, and open to learning new stuff. You can take a stand, yet commit even when you disagree. You have a strong bias to action (aka hustle) and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Experience with launching hardware products with volumes of over 100K+ units
- Familiarity with camera technology, telematics, cellular-connected devices, GPS systems, low power wireless technologies like Bluetooth Low Energy, and/or automotive protocols such as CAN, OBD-II, J1939
- Experience with full-stack IoT products, hardware, firmware, and expertise in developing software features on mobile or cloud platforms
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Industrial Design/Mechanical Engineering/Embedded Systems, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.