Coinbase (501+ Employees, 233% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
To strengthen our growing Enterprise Applications team, we are looking for an experienced Staff Enterprise Architect, who is passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with Business Units and engineering teams to buy, build, launch, and scale platforms with a focus on how it stores, transfers, utilizes and reports on its data. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Architecture. This person needs to have an authority level understanding of Data between, in and across enterprise systems.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Identifying with leadership the business capabilities to solve data needs by making clear recommendations for transitional/future state data architecture in written format as presentations or documents
- Maintaining diagrams that highlight the relationship between business value, capabilities and technology by creating logical, business, integration and functional architecture artifacts for review by engineering teams and security
- Document feedback on RFP’s and evaluation of new or changing architecture regarding the data cross the enterprise system landscape by being an input into vendor score cards, negotiations and security review analysis
- Help mentor and influence engineers by providing frameworks, guidelines and best practices for implementing and configuring schemas and usage of data in our systems
- Prototyping new capabilities for data stores, event-buses, analytical/reporting systems and how they will be integrated into the larger coinbase ecosphere by creating small to medium demos of new capabilities that can be decided on potential future implementations
- Identify future needs and best of breed opportunities for the data tooling enhancements by presenting quarterly roadmaps for architecture improvements and tech-debt reduction
- Determine and clarify data access roles, permissions, patterns and security for capabilities by mapping out in documentation why each project should utilize, store and report on the relevant data
- Improve EA maturity in non-functional requirements and security review processes by providing actionable feedback to the organization
- Help reduce technical debt by maintaining and prioritizing decisions and work that needs to be fixed longer term.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS in Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- 3+ years experience in engineering and technical hands-on roles
- Experience with data classification and lineage from SAAS systems to data warehouses
- Experience architecting integrations and business processes from multiple internal/external systems
- Knowledge of data modeling
- Opinionated on logical, conceptual and physical data design across data stores (SQL and no-sql), event-buses and reporting/analytics capabilities.
- Experience making buy vs build decisions during vendor evaluations
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise architecture performing the duties described above
- Stakeholder management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing uncertainty and changing requirements in a high-growth, startup environment
- Experience proactively managing Technical Debt
- Experience working with engineering teams and influencing their architecture choices
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Mulesoft
- Experience with GraphQL, Odata
- Experience with Kafka, Salesforce Platform events
- Experience with BI tools and deep knowledge of SQL
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
- Experience with LeanIX
- Passionate about the crypto economy and DeFi
- Experience in the tech industry with recent experience implementing 1 or more large data warehouses
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.