Discord (501+ Employees, 158% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Part of the central Data Platform organization, the Experimentation Platform team focuses on making product experimentation faster and more robust for Discord. We develop and operate an end-to-end platform that is leveraged by our Machine Learning, Analytics, Engineering and Product partners.We are looking for strong software engineers who want to help build Discord’s next generation experimentation platform. Our work is foundational to company and product strategy – to learn more about Discord Engineering in general, read our engineering blog here!
If the above sounds exciting to you, read on!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the effort to design, build, and support Discord’s next generation experimentation platform: scope of work would include core services, data storage and processing, configuration tooling and UX, etc.
- Drive the collaboration with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- Understand and influence product telemetry practices to support experimentation needs.
You’ll Thrive in This Role If…
- You have 7+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields.
- You have successfully led a reasonable sized project with a group of 4+ engineers.
- Deep understanding of A/B testing and experimentation platforms, either through building and supporting the platform or running and analyzing experiments as a product or ranking engineer.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to drive effective collaborations with leaders in product, data science, and engineering.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- You have experience building and deploying large-scale distributed systems in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala.
- Experience and with and/or exposure to a variety of data storages (relational, NoSQL, data warehouse solutions).
- Experience with modern data processing stacks.
- Full-stack development or product engineering experience (React, Web frameworks).
- Deep understanding of statistics, data science, or large scale data processing.
- Experience with building the experimentation platform.
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $214,000/year + equity and benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $192,600/year + equity and benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-AR1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests – from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!