SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
You will be on a team that is front and center with our members. The Member Home team is responsible for SoFi.com, blending the logged out and logged in experience, the first screen on mobile after a user logs in and the first page on web after the user logs in. This team interacts with many other teams and has the most traffic going through its codebase.
What you’ll do:
- Full development life-cycle design from project requirement to deployment
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data pipelines between internal and external teams
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in vital program metrics
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management policies and guidelines
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Make significant contributions to the code base
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field
- 6+ years related experience or demonstrated equivalent
- Experience with React
- Strong Familiarity with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices.
- Comfortable working in our core backend stack of Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL with JPA/Hibernate.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Bonus: Experience working with Redux, Typescript, material-ui, razzle and working on large-scale applications
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing
- Technical lead experience
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.