Personify (201-500 Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WHO WE ARE
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- CommUnity, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- WildApricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- MemberClicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we’re in the relationship building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we’re the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission, and their communities.
WHO WE NEED
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our MC Trade team. You will lead a team of engineers, work with the product management team to understand requirements, suggest technical solutions, implement, and deploy new features.
WHO YOU ARE
If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve significant and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Exposure, mentorship, collaboration, and career growth.
This is a genuine opportunity to be leader of a collaborative team, help other engineers to grow professionally, and play a critical role in making technical decisions. It’s a chance to see your ideas come together – and land in front of end-users within weeks or days. With the goals of understanding the source code and independently building new features or modules within 12 months, this is a career-building opportunity. At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive, between new and tenured. We are proud to say, many of our team members have been here for 5, 10, even 15 years. And, we have people who’ve joined us recently. You will have the option to try new avenues and pivot back if that’s what you need to do your best work.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Coach and mentor other engineers in engineering techniques, processes, and new technologies; enable others to succeed
- Make recommendations for overall application system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Identify, scope, and architect solutions for new features while considering technology alternatives and all impacts / tradeoffs
- Work closely with Product, Design, and QA to deliver world-class experiences
- Get the opportunity to stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and potentially incorporating them into your team’s architecture; introduce new technologies that have ROI / influence
- Lead large initiatives within the team, including technical design / delivery of complex features across multiple systems
- Recommend changes to processes and tools at the group / dept level based on industry standards, patterns, and practices
- Develop technical roadmaps and lead engineers across one or more squads to deliver initiatives
- Identify ways to improve codebases, solutions to complex problems, and effectively propose paths forward to drive outcomes
WHAT YOU BRING
- Leading a team and collaborative approach. You understand the concepts of collective responsibility and ownership and practice active listening and empathetic engagement across diverse perspectives. You have outstanding communication skills.
- An ownership mentality and a consistent track record of timely delivery of high- quality software.
- Expert understanding of Agile development, with experience working in Kanban as an added plus.
- You can coordinate work for a group of engineers on major initiatives.
- You have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and best practices.
- You can be the voice of your team for the management and a voice of the company for the team.
- The experience and the growth mindset. You have 7+ years of software development, working across the SDLC and strong knowledge of:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable field, or equivalent self-study
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Coding standards and design principles / patterns.
- Building a system design for specific business requirements.
- Scaling infrastructure and developing products and features that fit into an ecosystem.
- Microservices and serverless architecture
- Modern frontend frameworks (React, or Angular, or Vue)
- The technical toolbox. You have skills in multiple languages, technologies, and frameworks and can quickly on-board to projects in minimal time.
- Expert knowledge of system architecture and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of .Net core including Web API and Entity Framework Core
- Key AWS services
- CI/CD and infrastructure as code (AWS CDK)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
Job descriptions serve as an outline only. Due to business needs, you may be required to perform job duties that are not within your written job description.
Furthermore, Personify may have to revise, add to, or delete from your job duties per business needs. On occasion, we may need to revise job descriptions with or without advance notice to employees.
WHY JOIN US?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we’re working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We’re proud of our evolution. We promote – and live – a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We’re a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards for three years in a row in 2019, 2020, and 2021, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other’s company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We’re a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Employment offers are contingent on the candidate successfully completing a background investigation in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.