Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team! We are considering candidates who currently reside in the continental United States, ideally the Midwest.*
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
About the Position
As a Strategic Account Executive at Interfolio you will identify and target strategic sales to some of the largest higher education institutions in the country, working on deals that will shape the future of faculty and faculty processes within their industry. You’ll identify and articulate how Interfolio can provide meaningful solutions for our customers and evolve the technology that powers how decisions are made within institutions.
- Author and execute the “go to market” business plan for your territory
- Become the territory expert as it relates to market knowledge, trends, and market research within your assigned territory
- Build a plan to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction within your territory
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce
- Research, identify, and qualify net new business prospects (with support from a Sales Development team)
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc. (with support from Marketing and Sales Development teams)
- Demonstrate Interfolio platform and all associated portfolio offerings effectively to audiences at all levels with detail, breadth, and depth
- Demonstrate and sell value to key partners across a complex university hierarchy
- Master deliver and execution of Challenger, MEDDIC, and Solution Selling methodologies
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s suite of products via web presentations and onsite meetings
- Represent Interfolio at (virtual and/or in person) conferences and other networking events
- Embraces the use of data as a tool to manage your book of business
- Report to VP, Sales
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions with a $50K+ ACV
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger methodologies
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Presidents)
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time (when it becomes safe to travel)
- Experience working for, or delivering services to, universities and colleges is a significant plus
- Technical acumen, i.e. can speak elegantly on SaaS platforms, APIs, data security, etc
- Thrives in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment – we’re an early stage, high growth company!
- Ideally based in the Midwest territory
- You are an experienced SaaS sales professional: You understand the model for success in SaaS sales and have a track record of performance in building, positioning, selling, and closing SaaS pipeline. You understand the “maths of success” as you think about your pipeline and activities, and understand that you on your own are responsible for building the right amount of pipeline to achieve your goals. You can clearly articulate the value proposition, manage stakeholders across the process, and take control of the sale to hold prospects accountable to your agreed process.
- Innovative self-starter and Entrepreneur: You thrive when faced with a challenge and enjoy taking strategic risks. You are willing to think “out-of-the-box” in trying to figure out how to gain traction in this new space while continuing to document findings and engage/collaborate with other Interfolio key stakeholders, including executives with confidence.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401k match, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipends, and fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.