Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We have an office in Bengaluru but as we continue to expand our footprint in India, we can hire eligible candidates remotely anywhere in India.
The Support Engineer (Cloud EMEA) isn’t just an ordinary Support Engineer role. As a Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers by isolating, diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges. The candidate must be able to work EMEA business hours and also during weekends to support business needs.
What’s in it for you?
- The entire Atlassian team has created a unique business environment — one of energy, creativity, and collaboration.
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with Atlassian’s roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
- We are guided in our efforts by a strong set of corporate values:
- Open Company, no bullshit
- Play, as a team
- Build with heart & balance
- Be the change you seek
- Don’t #@!% the customer
- Responsible for the customer support experience with Atlassian
- Own, troubleshoot, and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices, and transparency within and across teams
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Create new knowledge base articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support team to share best practices and learn about new technologies
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training.
- Customer Orientation
- Effective communication
- Team and Collaborative Working
- Learning aptitude
- 3-5 years of experience in Technical Support, Software Services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community, preferably SaaS products.
- Has supported customers over email, phone, and screen-shares.
- Experience working in a high case volume environment and ability to prioritize.
Must to have skills
- Demonstrated technical competence with database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease.
- Experience working with log searching, monitoring, and analyzing machine-generated data via a Web-style interface or similar tools.
- Experience with APIs and REST calls.
- Front-end troubleshooting skills and an understanding of Network terminologies such as DNS, DHCP, Usage of Basic Network troubleshooting commands, SSL, Proxy, Firewalls, and identifying underlying Network issues.
- Experience understanding and supporting Java-based apps, being able to analyze/troubleshoot Stack trace and Java-based exceptions.
Good to have skills
- Usage of Browser dev tools, HAR File analysis, Splunk.
- Good understanding of OAuth-based authentication and other authentication mechanisms such as SSO/SAML.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Understanding of mail flow concepts and mail protocols such as SMTP/POP/IMAP
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies, AWS will be a plus.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .