Amazon (501+ Employees, 116% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Are you interested in shaping the future of live sports broadcasting? Do you want to define the next generation of how Amazon customers are watching live sports and develop world class support?
If so, you might be the right person for the Support Engineer (SE) role on the Prime Video Live Events team, supporting new sports leagues and other live broadcast events to Prime Video customers around the world.
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at any time and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Key job responsibilities
*Monitoring service health dashboard and respond to system anomalies for mitigation utilizing
* Incident Management Facilitation and Response to help drive service degradations and outages to full recovery
* Track, investigate, and resolve support contacts with varying levels of complexity and customer impact
* Work with peers and other teams on high-severity, active support issues, prioritizing mitigation while investigating root-cause fixes
* Act as an escalation point for the most complex and in-depth issues that potentially span multiple organizations while working independently
* Communicate directly with internal organizations to complete root cause analyses, issue investigation, workarounds and defect resolution
* Develop and implement the most complex repro cases to identify potential software defects, misconfigurations or issues in customer environments
* Use use sound judgement to manage and prioritize issues based on multiple factors including customer impact
* Act as a role model to other support engineers, leading discussions, proactively solving issues and identifying and removing blockers for the entire team
* Develop and document processes and training material to for standardization and knowledge sharing
* Own a small program to scope in support opportunities into TOS
* Ability to script to enable standardization and automation of manual tasks
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 2+ years overall technical support experience, ticket creation, and escalation
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
· Experience developing and executing scripts for automation
· Clear and concise written communication skills, and experience writing process and training documentation and technical papers
. Experience in a technical customer support role
· 3+ years of technical operations experience, including support and incident management, operations monitoring, process improvements, and metrics reporting
· Experience writing and executing standard operating procedures and runbooks
· Experience working in live sports or other streaming media services
· Knowledge of streaming video technologies
· Foundational knowledge of AWS technologies and networking concepts
· Experience as a Program or Project Manager
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.