Nextdoor (501+ Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 290,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
The Neighborhood Operations team is a collaborative team obsessed with operational excellence. We are looking for a skilled Support Operations Manager, Moderation.
The Impact You’ll Make
As a Support Operations Manager your mission is to develop, scale and manage our support team in close partnership with our outsourced support vendors. You will ensure that we have a support network that is optimized to deliver a world-class support experience for our members, customers and partners. If you’re a structured thinker and an analytical problem solver, who excels at balancing strategy with execution, come join us!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing BPO vendors for day-to-day operations and service delivery metrics including running weekly business reviews, QA calibrations, and workforce management syncs
- Determining resource allocation for effective moderation, improving the quality of moderation operations, and ensuring a positive support experience for neighbors
- Helping to develop our overall sourcing strategy: who we partner with and who does what kind of work when, where, and how
- Managing, coaching and mentoring two direct reports to build processes to scale and drive operational excellence
- Ensuring top issues are addressed in a timely manner through cross-functional collaboration as well as advocating for the user and driving enhanced user experience
- Leveraging data and insights to identify opportunities to improve the speed, quality, efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience
- Collaborating with Trust & Safety Engineering teams on various projects, including tool development, research and experimentation, and data and analytics
- Working with our training team to develop training and procedures for frontline agents and with our policy team to ensure guidelines can be enforced in a scalable fashion
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 5+ years in scaled content moderation support with 3+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Managing a mid-size BPO vendor team
- Delivering world-class customer experience against core metrics, as well as process improvement
- Supporting and optimizing a multi-channel CX strategy
- The ability to connect and communicate with a wide range of people and teams and can provide clear directions and expectations
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Passion for improving the user experience with a focus on trust & safety
- Strong proficiency with technology including Salesforce Service Cloud, CRM systems, Google Docs, and Excel.
- BA/BS or work equivalent
- Experience in other facets of Trust & Safety such as fraud detection and prevention
- Experience with SQL, Looker or other data analytics tools
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.