Automattic (501+ Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are seeking an experienced State and Local Tax Accountant to focus on U.S. Sales Taxes calculations and compliance. You will be an integral part of the tax team, ensuring accurate monthly accruals and compliance in all relevant jurisdictions.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly sales tax accruals.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax filings.
- Reconciling sales tax accounts.
- Maintaining the tax engine and ensuring accurate calculations.
- Ensuring the business can scale by automation of processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at least one year of experience working on sales and property taxes.
- You have experience with other areas of U.S. tax compliance.
- You love digging into the details and figuring out all the tax things.
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills.
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills in English.
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, software as a service (SaaS), Netsuite, Taxamo, Alteryx other relevant areas, or you have your CPA or equivalent, don’t forget to mention it!
Want to stand out?
Be sure to respond to our questions in the “Apply for this job” section.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.