Kruze Consulting (11-50 Employees, 19% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
JOB TITLE: Tax Manager
COMPENSATION: $120K per year with KPI bonuses
FULL-TIME: 40 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Tax Director
Direct Reports: 3-4
Indirect Reports: 2
Read this before you apply:
Just a reminder – This is a remote position. You must have the discipline, maturity, and emotional intelligence to work remotely in this environment. While it seems really cool, it’s not for everyone.
Kruze Consulting provides Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax services to startups across the nation. Our client base consists of Seed, Series A, and Series B startups from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and many, many more Venture Funds.
This is an interesting job if:
You love the field of finance and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and completely remote organization.
You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and able to support your findings and recommendations with clear arguments and persuasive, fact-based analysis.
You are very detail-oriented and a quality enthusiast. You go the extra mile to make sure your work and others’ work is done with the highest quality standard.
You’re not afraid of technology, learning new things, or new ways of doing business. You are proactive in anticipating and resolving questions and challenges. You are continually learning new skills.
You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed. You take ownership, initiative, and pride in your work.
INCOME TAX REVIEW AND SIGN OFF
– Review and sign off on ~150 1120 tax returns
– 25% of these are very straightforward, easy, first or second-year filings.
– 25% have a 5471
– 25% of these have an M3
– All returns will be prepped, but you may need to give feedback/corrections to the Senior Tax Accountant who prepped it
CONSULTING TAX WORK
– Help troubleshoot Account Manager client tax issues.
– Answer questions and resolve clients’ tax problems.
– Resolve any IRS notices or audit requests
– Assist in all M&A transactions: gather documents, serve as senior liaison to Big 4/acquirer
– If interested in getting into R&D and or SUT, we would love to leave that opportunity open for you, but not required
TAX MENTORSHIP & LEADERSHIP
– Serve as a mentor and advisor to more junior accounting and tax staff
– Perform a 1:1 with direct reports and Tax Director once a month and report on findings/recommendations
– Review tax billing reports ensuring completion and accuracy
– Provide weekly updates to the Tax Director regarding tax process status/goals/delays/roadblocks
– Attend weekly all-hands meetings
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
– Tax Team delivers Income Tax Returns as scheduled
– Tax Team meets allotted revenue goals on time
– Tax Team 360 review of Tax Manager is a “B” or higher
About the Firm:
Kruze Consulting is a rapidly growing startup that provides Startup Accounting & CFO Consulting services to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and New York. The firm has 340+ Seed, Series A, and Series B clients. The firm was started 9 years ago, by Vanessa Kruze, CPA and now has 70+ team members. The firm handles all Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax issues for its clients. Kruze utilizes best-of-breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Gusto, Justworks, Rippling, Expensify, Bill.com, Zoom, Slack, and Brex. The client base is venture capital-backed startups and recent graduates from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.
We offer competitive benefits including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401k, FSA, PTO (15 days), Sick Time Off (9 days), Company Holidays (9 days), New Client Origination Bonus of 2.5% of first-year client revenue.