Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is seeking a highly technical Demand/Resource Planning lead to manage and improve demand forecasting for all parts managed by the infrastructure supply chain team. This role is responsible for improving forecast accuracy, identifying inefficiencies in demand planning processes, and designing innovative solutions that highlight key demand drivers for all customers and parts.The candidate will leverage their deep experience in Data Science, Supply Chain Analytics, and Optimization to solve complex optimization problems across the organization. These include Demand Forecasting, Transportation/Last-Mile, Warehousing Network Design, Route Planning, and Risk Probabilities to name a few. This role will analyze Meta’s multi-channel supply chain end-to-end, identifying the biggest opportunities and developing plans for system-wide optimization of cost, throughput, and customer experience. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem-solver who thinks big while still understanding the details. This person also has the ability to move fast and develop new approaches to optimizing Meta’s logistical business using operations research, machine learning methods, and cutting-edge technology, tools, and platforms. We are looking for someone with strong experience solving difficult supply chain and fulfillment optimization problems.The Demand Planning Tech Lead will operate in a highly cross-functional team environment involving Supply Chain, Logistics, Product Management, Engineering, and Data Science to ensure the right part is available at the right place at the right time in the right quantity.
Technical Demand Planning Lead, Supply Chain Operations Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy end-to-end process and tooling standards for Forecasting and Demand Planning.
- Continuously improve demand planning KPIs on Forecast Accuracy by adopting best practices and identifying root cause through deep-dives and detailed analyses.
- Develop new product launch forecasts and initial safety stock levels in collaboration with materials management teams.
- Collaborate with Data Science and Engineering to scale ad hoc models, simulations, and analysis.
- Work with a broad group of Supply Chain stakeholders and the broader enterprise to drive Supply Chain process maturity across the supplier base.
- Apply advanced supply chain analytics to resolve inefficiencies in the demand forecasting process models, identify opportunities for forecast accuracy improvement, and provide business insights and additional perspectives.
- Collaborate with Material Planning, Field Operations, Inventory Management, NPI, Production Demand Planning, and Reliability Engineering to gather data and bring information on key business drivers that impact the future demand of Service Parts.
- Collaborate with NPI, Reliability Engineering, and Procurement teams to plan for material End-of-Life (EOL) transition planning with the goal to ensure reliable long-term service coverage while minimizing obsolescence.
- Influence management based on data and analytics.
- Master’s degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated mathematical and statistical knowledge relevant to Supply Chain or Operations analytics.
- 10+ years of Ops Planning, Demand Planning, and Forecasting experience.
- Knowledge of Demand Modeling and Supply Chain Management concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization etc. and its application to solve real-world supply chain problems.
- Experiences with data analytics skills with SQL, Tableau, QlikView, or equivalent. Programming language skills with R/Python, Statistics or mathematics tools like R, MATLAB, SAS.
- Experience with model building using regression, forecasting, time series, classification, cluster, etc. Experience with quantitative analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Effective in communicating business drivers to justify forecast plans, as well as influencing and negotiating skills in small and large group settings with peers and executives.
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented with the experience thinking outside the box to solve complex challenges.
- Proficient in ERP systems focusing on demand forecasting, demand planning, statistics forecasting, seasonality & trend, etc.
- Experience in process improvement initiatives.
- Experience to both think strategically and execute tactically with high attention to detail.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]