Branch Energy (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Let’s face it, the energy sector doesn’t have a great reputation.
We’ve all heard the horror stories. You might have been hit with an astronomically high energy bill or witnessed a general lack of customer service.
At Branch Energy, we’re doing things differently.
We build software that makes it easy for consumers to reduce their energy bills and carbon footprints. We help our customers save money and save the planet. It’s a win-win.
With a combination of empathy and a whole lot of data, we’re able to offer our customers green energy at a fixed rate that’s competitive with the financial cost of the greenhouse gas emitting stuff (never mind the long-term implications on our environment).
We’re here to build something great.
We believe in what we do and we have the potential to make the world a better, cleaner place. There’s a lot of room for improvement in this tired industry, and we’re excited to deliver a level of service our customers didn’t think was possible from their energy company.
We’re still in our early days, but we’re growing fast. We raised a Seed round in 2021, and we’re gearing up for a big 2022.
Climate change is a huge problem, and it will take the best and brightest minds to make a difference. We expect big things from our team, but if you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re seeking a rockstar product manager with deep technical expertise to lead product development for our growth products, data and supporting infrastructure; helping transform Branch from a disruptive startup into the global leader in Green Energy & Utilities. On any given day – whether you’re defining KPIs, weighing the cost-benefit of new product features, scoping and specifying solutions, shepherding features through development and QA, or evaluating new technology partners – your decisions will be critical to our success. You’ll work with a multidisciplinary engineering, data science, and design team on features like multi-channel messaging, recommendation engines, social commerce and personalized deal feeds.
You’re a smart, creative, technically-minded, hands-on “doer” and problem-solver who is equally comfortable talking APIs, SLOs and architecture with engineers or discussing business models, messaging strategies or preference management with internal or external stakeholders. You’re obsessed about our customers and will find innovative ways to drive value by making our users’ purchase journey feel more relevant and compelling. Are you up for the challenge?
In this role, you will need to/you can expect to:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation and analysis: collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, define SLAs, drive execution, and report on impact
- Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users and growth channels
- Work with business leaders to help shape business cases, including return-on-investment analyses for new product initiatives
- Partner with engineering and other internal stakeholders to improve and update our internal data and technology platforms
- Pare down an ideal feature to the minimum viable product: identity what’s essential for us to know if this is a good idea, what’s not, and how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand complex technical issues, uncover dependencies, assess impact and be able to clearly articulate proposed solutions
- Working with key stakeholders to experiment on the platform, driving numbers up 1% at a time
You’re a good fit for this role if you have:
- Thrived in a B2C, technically oriented product role with a proven record of delivery at scale
- Experience finding innovative solutions to real-world problems, aligned with the business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
- Past success analyzing data (experience with SQL a bonus!), drawing accurate conclusions and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
- Excellent communications skills both in-person and in-writing, with a track record of persuading colleagues through compelling narratives grounded in data
- Worked on growth or product teams that use data to guide product direction
We’d be really excited if you have:
- Salesforce experience
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- A bias for action and drive to go beyond the status quo
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
You’re a good fit for our team if:
• You believe climate change is real and want to fix it
• You know that working with a small team can be a roller coaster and you’re excited for the ride
• You value transparency and feedback
• You know that MVP doesn’t just stand for ‘most valuable player’
• You have opinions and ideas, and you’re not afraid to share them
• Most importantly, you take initiative and get stuff done
What you can expect from us:
We are a passionate team with a BIG mission. We foster a culture to get the best out of all our team members and have a track record of growing careers for those who demonstrate high performance and commitment.
We offer a competitive salary, equity, vacation, work perks, and a remote-first work environment!
Ready To Go? Apply now!
We strongly believe that products are better when they’re built by people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applications from everyone – regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. If you need accommodations or adjustments throughout the application or interview process, please let us know.