Tripadvisor (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, inspires and empowers people to explore the world with confidence and share their trip experiences with others. The Data team, which includes Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Infrastructure, Data Platform, and Paid Marketing, creates the data ecosystem that allows the company to measure and evaluate overall business performance, apply machine learning models, and run and monitor paid marketing campaigns. We need a Technical Program Manager to lead in delivering complex cross-functional initiatives aligned toward our long-term, strategic technical and business objectives around Cloud Data Platform adoption in this highly visible, high impact role.
The most successful brands are always the ones that focus first on the needs of the customer which help them drive continuous growth and revenue. The cloud data platform data assets and derived insights are key to understanding those needs which span across the landscape of Tripadvisor. Investing in its foundational data architecture helps Tripadvisor become more customer-oriented and ultimately better able to lead in the travel sector.
This role is within our Technical Program Management practice, and you will help define and shape the overall function in an area that’s the backbone to the organization. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the business and continually innovate with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved stakeholders within the program to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Draft, develop, and maintain all “as-is” documentation and guides pertaining to related project work.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Ensure proper planning by reviewing project backlog and facilitate project milestone scoping with engineering teams
- Partner with engineering to investigate, deconstruct, and estimate (t-shirt size) large, unknown areas of work
- Communicate overall project status, including milestones, dependencies, and risks, in partnership with technical program management.
- Conduct project retrospective to surface improvements to maintain or improve project and sprint velocity.
- 7+ years technical project/program management experience in software engineering, data engineering, or related technical area navigating large scale, complex projects and dependencies among multiple engineering teams
- 4+ years experience working on projects with large datasets (petabyte scale and growing)
- Strong understanding of data structure and relational databases, APIs, and ETLs
- Ability to rapidly identify, communicate issues, and reach a resolution
- Ability to influence others and drive alignment among differing opinions
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and comfort communicating at all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and a proactive team player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints with minimal supervision
- PMP certification a plus
- Emotional intelligence
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected]
Salary and compensation
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Cloud, Travel and Marketing jobs that are similar:
$70,000 — $100,000/year
Needham, Massachusetts, United States