Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is seeking a Technical Program Manager with extensive experience building Products or Platforms with a focus on Consumer, Payments, Business & Commerce, Messaging or Trust. You will partner with Product, Infrastructure, and partnership organizations to collaboratively define, manage, and drive cross-functional programs, platforms and infrastructure that enable the delivery of Meta products and features in WhatsApp, Messenger, or Novi. You will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, efficiency, privacy and security while delivering simple, delightful end-to-end, simple user or business products experiences. You will be responsible for identifying gaps, priorities, and driving impact where there are complex cross-functional problems, as well as significant business and technology solution opportunities. In addition, you will provide analytical insight and foresight to help shape short and long-term strategies as well as drive planning and prioritization for the areas you support. In driving execution of these plans, you will define and align cross team engagements to bring clarity and focus, and enable the easy flow of information and plans between people and teams, through the creation of effective communications and problem solving at scale. The ideal candidate will bring strong thought leadership, technical understanding and execution excellence to major initiatives and key features, resulting in performant, reliable, efficient, and overall high quality products and platforms that scale to the next billion people worldwide.
Technical Program Manager, Messaging & Payments Responsibilities:
- Define, build and lead cross-functional programs to deliver end-to-end solutions which solve various problems in technical and business domains.
- Accountable for identifying and overcoming end-to-end, cross-functional problems in technical domains across client and/or server infrastructure.
- Lead execution and delivery of solutions to resolve business problems via strategic thinking and on-the-ground leadership.
- Drive and influence technical and product strategy, proactively identify problems, align on priorities, and set direction for a broadly cross-functional area.
- Responsible for defining and delivering on technical requirements that solve people problems and product, platform or infra requirements in conjunction with partners.
- Define and own what success looks like, metrics & measurement, rollout, and scalable and sustainable operational plan.
- Build strong, trusting partnerships to readily mobilize people and influence across a broad range of partners, leaders, and organizations.
- Identify and improve inefficiencies in how we operate to move faster with higher quality outcomes.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]