Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) with large scale infrastructure and hardware development experience. The Technical Program Manager will lead cross-functional and multi-site teams on designing, developing and evaluating various hardware solutions to support our Metaverse Infrastructure space to enable future new products. Meta’s Infrastructure Engineering organization is responsible for the growth, management and 24×7 upkeep of all Meta’s products and services. This is a full-time position and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
Technical Program Manager, Metaverse Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Lead technical program management to define our Infrastructure Hardware strategy for supporting emerging experiences centered around the Metaverse. This role is within Meta’s Infrastructure organization
- this is a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Engineering, Software Engineering, Capacity Management) and across multiple physical locations.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering counterparts to define Infrastructure product roadmaps.
- Develop and manage overall program requirements, scope, schedules, and deliverables with engineering teams, partners, and stakeholders.
- Drive and manage the development of servers, modules, and subsystems from concept to production with suppliers, partners, and internal software and hardware teams.
- Partner with TPMs managing other components of the overall space.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, benchmarking, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of systems engineering, hardware engineering, software engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Knowledge of server systems, CPU and or SoC, and memory.
- Experience in hardware project life cycle management.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Experience working with ODM’s and other vendors.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]