TuSimple (501+ Employees, 86% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we’re making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks is helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Project Manager oversees small projects in support of TuSimple’s Program Management function. In this role, the Project Manager provides leadership to a small cross-functional team, ensuring their focus and clarity on project objectives and success with delivering projects on schedule. The Project Manager is responsible for identifying and mitigating any project risk, escalating as necessary, and regularly communicating progress versus plan to the appropriate parties.
In this role, you will closely partner with senior Software Engineering leadership to manage our portfolio of critical onboard system projects associated with our Autonomous Driving System.
Join us and be a part of excellence!
- You will be responsible for tracking, reporting, monitoring and risk management of onboard system projects
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- You will ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Motivate and support cross-functional team members and manage deliverables to meet project milestones
- Regularly communicate the program status and key issues to management and across teams within the organization
- Take initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact improvements
- Attend and transfer knowledge from meetings to appropriate team members
- Balance risks and tackle problem that affects release scope, schedule, and quality
- Lead bug, feature, and request tracking in Jira
- Assist in improving processes and procedures within the team
Experience & Skills Required
- The ideal candidate will be communicative, energetic, creative, enthusiastic, intelligent, analytical, and eager to take on responsibility and learn new skills
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science, or a related engineering field
- Basic knowledge of computer systems
- Experience in creating and maintaining project plans, including scope, schedules, resources and risks
- Established ability to manage and resolve minor project risk/issues. Able to escalate more complex matters in a timely manner
- Readily understands business drivers, program impact, and individual motivations
- Consistently demonstrates good judgment, critical thinking, and creative solutioning
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands with project planning
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills
- Experiences in IT project management
- Proven record of driving big projects cross teams
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- 401K contribution
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team-building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.