We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What’s the People team all about?
The People team is one of the most critical functions in our business. We fuel Bench’s hyper-growth! We’re obsessed with creating incredible experiences for our Benchmates. We’re also serious about the development of our people and want Bench to be a place where you can catapult your career and make a real difference at the same time. Our recruiters are people-focused individuals, they have the drive and calling to seek out the brightest talent who thrive in an ever-evolving environment. This is where you come in. We’re looking for someone who loves to lead a team, inspired by unlocking greatness in others. As an experienced recruiter yourself, you’ve got a knack for finding the most dynamic and unstoppable talent and providing a phenomenal candidate experience from start to finish, leading the way to create a diverse group of new Benchmates.
We’re on a rapid growth trajectory, aiming to double the size of our technology teams over the next year. As Team Lead, Technical Recruitment you’ll inspire and lead a team of recruiters, seeking out world-class technical talent. And, when it comes to tech recruiting, you speak the language of the engineering crowd and know this field inside and out. The engineering and product teams you’ll support have impeccably high standards and so do you; you’re a strategic necessity in continuing to build our engineering powerhouse.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Lead a team of technical recruiters, responsible for hiring our product and technology talent of the future.
- We’re growing fast. You’ll design and implement a comprehensive technical recruitment plan to support your team in rapidly scaling our product and technology organization.
- Conducting proactive independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking and job posts to support our technical teams in their recruitment efforts.
- Using your eye for data to diagnose challenges in the applicant pipeline, you tell compelling stories about your findings and observations, and most importantly, you inspire action to achieve your team goals.
- Identifying and recommending areas in the recruitment process that require optimization.
- Building partnerships with universities, co-op, and other external programs to strengthen our talent streams.
- Finding us unspeakably great humans who are a natural addition to our culture.
- You lead a team of recruiters with an equity focus and an eye for inclusivity. You work at a strategic level to ensure your candidate pipeline is diverse and inclusive. You consider DEI as critical to our success in upholding our company commitments to anti-oppression.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of technical recruitment experience, including 1+ year of team lead or people management experience, with a focus and passion for finding engineers, product designers, product managers, and much more!
- A people-centered approach: You understand that people are everything. You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly.
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what – you need to know the why! You are energized by challenging problems and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.