Enigma (51-200 Employees, 35% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Enigma, we believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. Enigma provides the most comprehensive data about the identity and financial health of nearly every small business in the United States. Our customers – some of the largest financial services, fintechs, and insurance companies – use our unique product to make smarter credit-related decisions and to better serve their small business customers.
We are looking for an experienced Research Analyst to join our growing team. You will play a central role in exploring our small business data asset for insights, investigating new sources of data and developing quantitative benchmarks for our product.
At the core of Enigma’s product is our data. This makes data research the beating heart of Enigma’s product. Your impact will be measured by how your research improves the accuracy and quality of our small business data product.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to extract, manipulate and analyze data
- Shows attention to detail and the ability to gather requirements, plan an analysis and manage a project end-to-end
- Ability to distill requirements from multiple stakeholders and design analyses that addresses their needs
- Develops techniques to detect and explore anomalies in our data, uncover the root causes and address in a way that improves our product
- Explains and documents findings with clarity and precision to technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrives in high-performing, collaborative teams with short, high-impact research cycles
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical challenge: Enigma improves its product by solving challenging entity resolution and machine learning problems. Your analytical contribution is critical to our success.
- Impact: Data Analytics at many companies focuses on making better operational decisions. At Enigma, data analytics is the core of our actual product!
- Learning: We’re tackling problems with exciting data that don’t have obvious solutions. Every day brings new opportunities to learn about analytical techniques and our world.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Bring 2+ years of industry experience in statistics, analysis design and data analysis
- Have academic training in a quantitative discipline
- Bring a thirst to learn ways (methods, technologies, etc.) to solve problems
Bonus points if you:
- Operate effectively with distributed data tools such as Spark
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive – guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.