Altairsw / Altair Software (201-500 Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Technical Support Representative
Reporting to the Technical Support Lead, the Technical Support Representatitve will support and improve FAME’s Freedom product by answering support requests submitted by our clients.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Provide support for our Freedom SIS product by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding our clients through corrective steps towards resolving the issue.
- Take incoming client support requests (through phone and our help desk application).
- Provide hands-on support to troubleshoot errors via remote connection to the client’s machine.
- Train clients in the operation of the Freedom SIS product.
- Respond to all service requests within a timely manner, follow up and clearly document all cases in our support portal.
- Logging any new phone requests into our help desk application.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills at all times.
- Improves software functionality by identifying and escalating any problems found in the software to our Tier 3 support team.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, daily stand ups and provide input on improving processes and be actively involved in fostering team growth and productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/prd ability required.
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Proficient in Windows 7 or above
- Network + and/or A+ Certification preferred
Education And/Or Experience: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years of related technical support experience.
Skill Set: Basic computer knowledge with MS Office; strong problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be detail oriented.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more than 40 years, FAME has been one of the industry leaders providing software and financial aid services to the higher education market. We believe in a positive corporate culture stressing excellence, innovation, work-life balance and personal and professional development.
• Along with an excellent work environment, we offer a competitive salary and commission plan.
• All full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package immediately upon hiring.
• In recognition of our corporate culture, FAME, through its parent company Aquila, has been named one of Florida Trend’s “Best Companies to Work For.”