An industry pioneer, Virtuozzo developed the first commercially available container technology in 2001, which today is used by over 700 service providers, ISVs and enterprises to enable over 5 million virtual environments running mission-critical cloud workloads. Today, Virtuozzo continues to innovate in areas ranging from industry-leading virtualized object storage to cloud-optimized Linux distributions to groundbreaking container migration technologies. A significant force in the open source community, Virtuozzo sponsors and/or is a contributor to numerous open source projects including OpenVZ, CRIU, KVM, Docker, OpenStack, and the Linux kernel.
We are in need of an experienced technical writer who will be creating user documentation for existing and new server virtualization products.
The primary responsibility is writing user documentation for Virtuozzo Hybrid Server and other company products from hands-on experience.
Other tasks may include creating release notes, publishing ready documentation, and such.
- Excellent written English (C1+)
- 3+ years of proven technical writing experience with samples in English
- Ability to deliver complex technical information in a simple way
- Ability to research and learn technical things without guidance
- Ability to get information from people: PMs, software developers, QA engineers, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines
Nice to have:
- Understanding of single-source publishing and topic-based authoring
- Technical mindset
- Basic knowledge of server virtualization, Linux/Windows administration, computer networking
- Basic knowledge of RestructuredText or at least Markdown
- Experience with Jira, Git
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Russia.