Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24×7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is seeking an experienced technical writer to help update and expand the documentation for the Trino open source project and all Starburst products. As a technical writer and member of the information engineering team at Starburst, you’ll update and create high-quality technical content for our user documentation, reference guides, tutorials, how-to videos, and training. You’ll assist with the creation of blog posts, and collaborate with many internal partners for technical content and verification. And all this happens in a fast-paced, startup environment with lots of exciting developments every day.
- Collaborate with product management, UX, marketing, sales, support, and engineering to create technical documentation for Starburst Enterprise, Starburst Galaxy, Trino, and related products.
- Address content needs for different personas, such as platform administrators, data engineers, and data consumers.
- Ensure documentation is up to date, correct, and complete.
- Define, follow, and promote documentation style guidelines.
- Encourage collaboration and contributions of technical content.
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams for feedback on documentation and best practices.
- Work with colleagues globally across multiple time zones.
- Operate in an agile development environment.
- Enthusiasm to explore and learn about new technologies and tools.
- Technical writing experience, including knowledge from support, engineering, sales or advocacy roles and a desire to write even more.
- Markup language experience, including markdown, HTML, XML or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication for technical topics.
- Familiarity with inclusive writing practices.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably git.
- Working knowledge of text editor, issue tracker, and other software development tools.
- Location: Anywhere in North America.
- Practical software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, business intelligence, Hadoop, and others.
- Knowledge of Presto/Trino and adjacent open source technologies, such as Apache Spark.
- Experience with documentation as code and using tools such as Sphinx or Jekyll. Experience with web technologies, including HTML and CSS.
- Experience and knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Linux command line tools.
- Experience with open source software and processes.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to tell us more about you and your desire to work on our dynamic team.
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.