DNSFilter was born out of necessity. Our founders realized that the existing solutions for DNS security out there were clunky, convoluted and over priced. In 2015, they set out on a simple yet crucial mission—to revolutionize DNS security. We’ve come a long way since our humble beginnings. We support nearly 14,000 organizations, including Fortune 500 customers like NVIDIA, and provide service to millions of end users. Our infrastructure is made up of two anycast networks with over 300 servers in 53 datacenters. At the start of 2020, our software was processing 1B queries/day. One year later, we’re now processing 12B queries/day! In the middle of a global pandemic, our team (and product) thrived. We doubled the size of our team, and we’re on our way to doing it again in 2021.
To help sustain our growth, we are looking for an experienced Technical Writer that will take the lead on knowledgebase development, writing of guides and playbooks, and crafting SEO-optimized content for external consumption. You should be excited about learning and documenting new product features, and explaining existing features and workflows in ever more concise and useful ways. The Technical Writer will report to the Director of Marketing and will be a key part of our organic growth strategy.
- Become an expert user of the DNSFilter product and advise on explainability and terminology
- Serve as the content owner for our knowledgebase and changelog, ensuring it is up to date, technically accurate, and SEO-optimized
- Review and help write documentation for new product features and functionality
- Take engineering documentation and translate it into easily-digestible content for internal and external audiences
- Create manuals, how-to-guides, scripts for explainer videos, and other product-related materials
- Write technically-oriented blog posts, website pages, and other content deliverables
- Work with our Demand Generation Manager and Content Marketing Manager to create content (email, website copy, scripts, etc.) that supports our marketing initiatives
- Maintain and manage our internal documentation library, including version control
- Work across multiple teams including Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Sales to draft compelling, readable content
- Native English speaking (read / write / present) ability
- 2-5 years experience writing technical content for a software company
- The ability to describe complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to keep work hours that mostly overlap with 9a-5p Eastern, M-F
- An energetic & entrepreneurial attitude and are a strong and proactive communicator
Bonus points for:
- Strong SEO skills or experience using SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Frase.io, SEMRush, etc.
- General understanding of computer networking protocols and DNS
- Knowledge of cybersecurity
- Past experience working in a fast paced private equity or venture capital backed company
- A 100% work-from-home position with a company that values and fosters personal and professional growth
- Passionate and intelligent colleagues who work hard and have a good time doing it
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Awesome company swag
- $800 Home office buildout allowance
- Stock Options
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US Based Employees (Health stipend for international employees)
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability (for US employees)
- (Post-pandemic) in person Annual Gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Colombia
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.