Braintrust (201-500 Employees, 255% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $130k – $195k USD / YR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has
- Contributed to building scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Experience with distributed systems and working with distributed systems problems (consensus, CAP theorem, etc.)
- Experience in Go, TypeScript, Node.js, and/or Solidity
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with consuming, producing, aggregating, and/or transforming streaming event data (Kafka, Kinesis, Pulsar, Redpanda, et al)
- Experience designing efficient schemas for relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, etc)
- Built and improved microservices, and/or event-driven architectures
- Experience writing secure code that respects user data and privacy
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
What you’ll be working on
Tellie is a no-code creative toolkit that gives creators beautiful content publishing, creator-first web3 funding tools, intuitive community tools, and actionable insights. Tellie powers a decentralized fan club so every creator can make a living from their creativity and community. We are looking for passionate builders and operators to help us shape a more equitable future for all creators—come join us!
About the role
- Location: remote or Los Angeles
Tellie’s ideal candidate is someone who likes to wear several hats and enjoys solving problems collaboratively at the early stages of a product startup alongside other highly talented individual contributors.
As a Software Engineer, you will
- Build new features, and refactor and migrate existing systems into modular components and APIs
- Design and implement scalable backend services in Node.js/TypeScript, and AWS Lambda/ECS
- Write React/TypeScript/HTML/CSS for front-end related tasks such as building rich UI components
- Cross-collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Foster growth across the engineering org by leading technical initiatives, mentoring colleagues and raising the bar for technical excellence.
- Build real-time systems (Kafka/Redpanda/Materialize) to drive rich user experiences across Tellie sites
- Build web3 on Polygon, Ethereum, and other chains
- Write documentation and help improve our feature delivery process
- Have an opportunity to wear many hats
Don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above? That’s okay! Studies show that companies consider candidates that satisfy 50% of a job description. So, apply anyway!
- Remote friendly
- Flexible PTO and working hours
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- $130-$195k, depending on qualifications
- Stock options
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.