General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for sophisticated technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
We are searching for a Test Automation Architect in SDV! You will be defining, solutioning, and building test automation capabilities for SDV in an agile/DevOps environment. You will use your experience with service-oriented architecture, android, services, cloud and commercial test tools to architect test harnesses, frameworks, and automation capabilities. You will bring your hands-on passion and expertise for innovative automated testing across APIs, Services and customer facing features. You will be instrumental in determining areas for automation and driving continuous improvement for maximum test coverage. The Test Automation Architect will be working in a DevOps, Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework for the release of in-vehicle, mobile, web and other products/apps.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering and / or related technical degree
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with proven technical and professional skills in SOA automated testing
- Hands-on test automation expertise with in-depth knowledge of multiple open source/commercial tools for test automation
- Defined and rolled out automated test solutions for enterprise level
- Experience with designing framework with Python (BDD-Cucumber/Behave, Robot, Keyword Driven)
- Proficient in Mobile/Device testing with Appium, Perfecto.
- Proficient with design and architecture of micro-services validation, end to end API and Service test automation
- Specialist in Requirement Gathering, Test Planning, Test Case Design, and Test Execution for continuous systems integration
- Worked with cloud-based platforms (Azure/AWS or other)
- Extensive hands-on test automation for web and mobile solutions
- Serving as a specialist in defining and rolling out standard Automation Frameworks, in line with latest industry trends
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Mentor and provide technical direction to the automation test teams
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with gRPC, WebSockets, ADB
- In-Depth Experience with multiple frameworks and tools including Rest / Soap API Testing, Jenkins
- Expertise with test automation solutions for embedded, IoT including building simulators/emulators
- Automation in a cloud-based environment with Kubernetes, Containerization, Docker
- Understanding of non-functional testing and ability to integrate the same within automation solutions
- Experience with GIT/source code management, CI/CD development
- Provide innovative solutions where out of the box will not work
- Experience in service virtualization using open-source tools
- Experience with JIRA REST API, Confluence
- In-Vehicle, Telematics, Infotainment, Connected Vehicle manual/automation Testing experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.