Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Theater Business Development lead (Telecom Systems Business) Remote
This position will lead the in-theater strategy to create a vision and strategy to help Dell succeed in driving telecom service provider indirect sales toward enterprises. The position will reside in Dell’s Telecom Systems Business and will coordinate all Dell business units engaged with telco B2B organizations to drive a cohesive strategy that optimizes Dell addressable market opportunity.
Join us as a Theater Business Development lead (Telecom Systems Business) on our [Solutions Principal | Indirect/Channel Sales] team in Remote USA, to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. As a Theater Business Development lead in our Telecom Systems Business, you will be responsible for:
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Lead Dell’s Americas theater indirect strategy with telco B2B organizations to maximize the addressable market across multiple stakeholder organizations, which includes:
- Coordinate the strategy and communication across the multiple organizations that are focused on the Telco Channel business.
- Tight alignment with Dell’s existing global alliances & channels organizations.
- Strategic collaboration with Dell’s edge business unit .
- Single point of contact for all relevant BUs (Alliances, Channel, TSB, …)
- Develops a theater plan that includes prioritized offerings, account opportunities, resource mapping, gaps (in people and products) and other “blockers” to success (compensation, complexity, etc.)
- Acts as the “face” of our LOB value proposition; responsible for presentations, internal coordination, planning, strategic development and revenue goal setting in theater Enable telco partnership program within Dell that enables, promotes, and effectively incentivizes joint GTM.
- Manage sales pipeline across all phases of sales engagement (e.g. lead generation, pipeline development, & closure)
- Lead customer engagement with telco leadership to establish & execute joint GTM partnerships Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Strategize on how to integrate Dell’s edge focused products and services with partner’s products and services to develops a common global strategy
- Support the development of Service Provider Go-To-Market strategies and projects for integrated solutions
- Understanding of the different types and models of service providers including Telecom, Cloud Service Provider, Systems Integrator, and Strategic Outsourcers
Take the first step towards your dream career Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Achievement to Plan (reaching milestones on time)
- Attainment/Adoption of solutions (Sell-In, Sell-Out, and Resell metrics)
- Excitement for solution selling motion (surveys/interviews)
- Execution of campaign plans (activities/action)
- Creation of pipeline generation plans
- Pipeline tracking
- 15+ years of experience in Channel/Telecom
- Experience with Sales, Pre-Sales, and finance
- Working with sales teams
- Telco Cloud Technologies, Cloud Service Provider Technologies
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong understanding of Service Provider market, requirements, technologies, drivers Storage Technologies
- Dell Technologies (Server, Storage, Networking, HCI, DPS)
- Understanding of the selling motion for a consultative solution sale
- Telco Technologies
- Cloud Technologies
- DellEMC Networking product line knowledge
- VMWare product family knowledge
- Dell Technologies Server product family knowledge
- DellEMC Storage product family knowledge
If you have the vision and tactical acumen help drive the success of strategic business opportunities for a global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell Technologies.
- Role: Theater Business Development lead (Telecom Systems Business) in the Telco LOB Channel.
- Reporting: S9 level role reporting to Sr. Director, Global Telco Channels
- Comp: Base Salary + Sales Mix bonus (70/30)
- Location: Remote US – preferably EST and some possible time in Dell Technologies Office, but mostly work from home and customer sites
- Regional travel to support sales motion (post COVID-19 “new normal” travel profile)
- This position is being staffed as a full-time role, that has a standard full-time work week
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today. You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell Technologies are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell Technologies encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.