Owlchemy Labs (51-200 Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Looking to spread your wings?
Join our Google-owned, Austin-based game studio and help us make absurd and highly polished VR for Everyone!
We offer an outstanding fully remote working environment focused on collaboration and personal growth, with a positive work/life balance and excellent benefits.
Owls in this role will design, implement, and maintain tools to facilitate the creation and launch of Owlchemy Labs’ games, while also coordinating game releases and updates from a technical perspective.
- Develop robust tools based on requirements gathered from Engineering, Art, Production, and Marketing.
- Lead the deployment of products, features, and patches across multiple platforms
- Document and train colleagues on how to use existing and new tools
- Maintain development tools and ensure those tools are addressing essential business needs
- Maintain analytics and ensure they are operating on all platforms
- Work with the production team to plan feature and product releases
- Develop tools to assist with cross-platform development and deployment
- Maintain build systems deployed using continuous integration
- Generate and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Take ownership of tasks and authored systems, including maintaining documentation and providing technical and design leadership
- Keep up to date on the latest in development practices for Unity and VR
- Identify technical risks and possible mitigation strategies when developing tools
- Detail-oriented, thoughtful, and aware of dependencies across systems and schedules
- Clear and proactive communicator
- Strong Unity and C# programming skills.
- Experience developing and maintaining internal tools
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two years of related experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Experience developing products for multiple platforms
- Production experience (managing and maintaining lists of deliverables, timelines, and any alterations thereof over the course of development)
- Appreciation of puns (or at least the ability to groan at them)
- Owls must be able to use virtual reality headsets but are not expected to own one.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a remote full-time, 40-hours per week position. Core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time.
For Owls working outside of the Austin, TX area, travel to Austin may be required 4 to 6 times per year. Additionally, we typically encourage owls to attend a conference annually for personal growth and development.
We care about creating “VR for Everyone” – and that includes creating a welcoming workplace for everyone.
Owlchemy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Skills and Responsibilities:
This job description doesn’t cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything you might do at Owlchemy. As a growing team of wildly talented individuals, we encourage career growth, exploration, and the wearing of many hats. As such, roles and responsibilities are collaborative and may change or evolve over time based on our needs and your particular skill set.
- 20 days of vacation to start
- Unlimited sick days
- School loan repayment assistance
- New parent benefits
- Health Care
- Retirement Plan
- Relocation Assistance (should you want to move to Austin, TX!)