This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Student Services Trainer to help accelerate the growth and success of Guild’s student-facing teams by equipping the team with the knowledge, skills, and information to deliver exceptional value for our students and ultimately deliver on Guild’s strategic goals.
All of the student-facing teams strive to deliver on Guild’s mission of a world-class student coaching experience. Consequently, this role includes a variety of responsibilities based on the needs of both Training leadership and the current business needs. Examples of these responsibilities could include: creating and delivering various training solutions to student-facing teams, collaborating with subject matter experts to maintain a team knowledge base, and building training strategies that drive business outcomes. We are looking for an organized, thorough, and highly collaborative individual who can facilitate an exceptional training experience while maintaining content that is comprehensive, engaging, and up-to-date. We are also looking for someone with experience working in heavy cross-functional environments and leading the execution of projects from inception to completion. This role will collaborate closely with Student Services leadership to ensure all coaches have the resources and training required to succeed and deliver on Guild’s mission.
As a Trainer, you will be responsible for many of the following:
- Facilitate and maintain a variety of virtual learning solutions for Student Services new hire onboarding.
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate training content related to coaching and partner policies.
- Ensure content retention of our learners through various evaluation levels and training effectiveness that drives business results through data analysis.
- Implement synchronous and asynchronous learning solutions that are rooted in adult learning theory as well as maintaining your own up-to-date knowledge of best practices in the field.
- Analyze internal processes and iterate based on findings as well as cross-functional requests.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to ensure training & onboarding is exceeding the needs of the respective Student Experience teams you support.
- Project manage multiple requests and priorities; adapting at a moment’s notice, exercising judgment, and seeing beyond the day-to-day to anticipate needs.
- Organize, develop, and maintain internal training resources, as well as supporting any additional training need as outlined by the Manager of Training.
- 3+ years training/facilitation or relevant experience, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; exceptional facilitation skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator, intrinsically motivated with a bias to action.
- Experience designing content and delivering to both small and large group cohorts.
- Demonstrated prioritization based on high need and high demand.
- Able to deliver high quality results while navigating ambiguity and last minute requests.
- Successful completion of required tasks with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult learning theory and techniques.
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience synthesizing complex information.
- Previous experience with project management.
- Previous experience training adults.
- Previous experience using eLearning tools.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation – and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild’s investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $75,000 – $85,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth