General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Transformation Team
The Transformation team within Global Business Solutions is passionate about driving a disruptive shift in strategy, structure, systems, processes and technology across the enterprise. We strive to be global strategic business partners, delivering world class transformational solutions. We operate as a global organization, supporting various functions including Finance, Controllership, Purchasing, HR, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing and a growing list of new business partnerships.
As a Member of the Team, You Will
- Demonstrate deep functional knowledge, had breadth of experiences to work autonomously on the most complex business issues, may assist Leadership with strategy development
- Proactively analyze business results (vs. forecast, budget and prior year) to identify trends, risks and optimize business results
- Apply financial analysis tools and work experiences to influence current and future profitability (e.g. financial models, business cases, run rate, advanced data analytics)
- Prepare reporting package with insight for monthly operating review and /or Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating logical questions based on content
- Operate autonomously, where ambiguity and time constraints exist
- Lead the budget and MTP development. Analyze trends to establish bold yet achievable targets
- Lead financial analysis as a member of cross functional teams (e.g. OpEx, new business opportunity)
- Provide coaching / mentorship to new employees / interns
- Effectively communicate financial performance and results of analysis performed to Senior Finance Leadership and key business partners anticipating questions
- Proactively seeks opportunities to grow (e.g. develops new skills, attend training opportunities, network, feedback)
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
- Strong analytical capability to drive business requirements
- Ability to align multiple stakeholders and drive decisions on requirements and data
- Serves as the requirements liaison between the business community and the IT teams
- Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Partners with the business community to develop and execute comprehensive user acceptance testing including documenting test cases ensure application quality
- Partners with the business community to develop and execute comprehensive training plans
- Investigates business issues and data challenges
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid in accordance with Colorado law. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of Colorado.
- This position may be filled with a mid-level ( The median level of salary compensation for this role is $91,332)
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.