Insomniac Games (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our UI/UX team at Insomniac Games is growing! We’re looking for a talented UI/UX Artist interested in helping us make industry-inspiring player experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. If you are someone with a track record of working collaboratively and cross-functionally to develop innovative player experiences and want to play a major role in delivering world-class games for players of all abilities, please read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Own impactful user-facing features and systems that help players of all abilities navigate, locate information, and accomplish their goals.
- Work iteratively through all phases of the game development cycle from prototype to polish.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and developers to implement and deploy accessible user experiences that support the art, design, and technical vision for our games.
- Deliver wireframes, mockups, motion comps, iconography, prototypes, and in-game implementation of assets that is usable, accessible, adheres to standards and meets or exceeds requirements.
- Contribute proactively to our studio’s standards of excellence for UI art.
- Provide accurate estimates for assigned tasks and regularly updates team on task status, contributing to efforts to ensure team’s work remains is in scope.
- Proactively share, receive, incorporate, and act on feedback.
- Continuously expand knowledge of technological developments in the game industry through research and training.
- Advocate relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of digital interaction design fundamentals and patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Animate, AfterEffects, and Illustrator) and other related content creation packages (Maya).
- Ability to adhere to the style guides and development best practices, including source control standards.
- Shipped multiplayer game development experience strongly preferred.
- 3D and/or Coherent experience also a major bonus.
- Solid instincts for game design and innovative user experiences.
- Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Ability to present ideas and research in a way that makes it actionable and easily understandable for all audiences.
- Flexibility in the face of schedule changes and shifting timetables.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
Insomniac Games prides itself on developing experiences that leave positive and lasting influences on players’ lives — a mission we achieve by fostering diversity and inclusivity at our studios. We are a team focused on creating thrilling games and elevating our creative talent. Insomniac provides our teams an environment where they are at the heart of the experiences we make. As part of PlayStation, Insomniac Games is recognized globally for hit games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon, and Resistance.