APM Music (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
APM (a joint venture of Sony Music Publishing and Universal Music Publishing) is the leading provider of original production music available to content creators, with an extraordinary collection of over one million curated recordings. APM is the go-to for thousands of music supervisors, producers and content creators, spanning every market. Our music can be found daily on platforms as diverse as Netflix, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Wondery, and Spotify, among many others. In 2022, as in every year, multiple Super Bowl commercials featured APM music content. In addition, APM tracks have been sampled by the likes of Jay-Z, Dr Dre, Nas, Drake, MF Doom, and many others.
APM is committed to providing our users with the most functional and intuitive digital experience to engage with our products and services. We are searching for a UI/UX professional with outstanding design skills, who stays up to date with the latest ideas, who can understand our clients’ user journey and translate it all into ongoing improvements of the user experience through the development of sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and completed designs. The UI/UX designer will be expected to build upon the existing functionality of the product to keep APM as the leader in the field.
- Driving the APM website UI/UX product vision by working with the Product Owner and cross-functional team members to understand the company’s product vision, business requirements, technical structures, target audience and customer feedback.
- Develop UI/UX deliverables, website information architecture, user flow diagrams, low & high-fidelity wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, style guides and complete designs.
- Communicate with developers to ensure design assets are delivered according to technical specifications and designs.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role (3+ years preferred) with links to work experience provided
- Full understanding of different OS requirements and best practices for design assets (Web, iOS, Android)
- Expertise in Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC. Basic HTML and CSS skills.
- Ability to articulate design vision and UI/UX directions to a broad audience.
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet both client needs and company vision.
- Understanding of responsive design.
- A solid grasp of planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly polished web-based and mobile prototypes under tight time constraints.
- Solid foundation in usability and accessibility.
- Experience with project management and research.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, dynamic and well-respected team
- A role that empowers you to make a real impact in the company
- A unique opportunity to take part in (and impact) an ever-evolving industry
- Health benefits, 401k, life and disability benefits, a generous time-off policy
- Team-building and attendance to industry events
From software developers to Sales reps to Accounting, the APM Music team has a serious passion for music. We hope you share that passion and, if so, offer you a front-row seat to the most exciting industry there is! As the use of music changes continuously, as new platforms and new user needs emerge, so does our company. We evolve constantly and rely on our inner creative voice to stay on top of our game. No daily grind here and no risk of ever doing repetitive, stale work. Bring energy, smarts and passion and we will make sure you get to apply them all!