Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Operations at Brex
The Operations team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Risk, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
What you’ll do
As an Underwriting Analyst, your goal is to ensure our underwriting processes run smoothly and efficiently for our cards products. This is a role that requires strong communication, time management, and teamwork. You will implement solutions to uplift processes and engage cross-functionally with our Sales, Customer Experience, Engineering and Product teams to contribute to meeting organizational goals.
- Assess the credit quality in terms of our business credit card customers’ ability to repay
- Review bank statements and financial statements to underwrite Brex customers
- Conduct ongoing reviews of business client risk triggers
- Review existing underwriting process and find opportunities for improvement
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or statistics
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Passionate about credit and underwriting decisions on commercial exposures for small to large businesses
- Understanding of GAAP/IFRS accounting standards and bank/financial statement analysis
- Familiarity with quantitative credit risk models, probability of default and loss given default concepts
- Strong analytical rigor and attention to details
- Customer centric and passionate about thinking through customer needs and working with them while balancing risk exposures
- Ability to communicate technical problems in an elegant and tactful way
- Familiarity with banking regulations and global markets
- FinTech, Big 4, Accounting or other financial experience preferred