Boundless Immigration (51-200 Employees, 43% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who Boundless is
We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
We are now the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams, and becoming the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Emerson Collective (Laurene Powell Jobs’ foundation), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Jerry Yang, and are well-capitalized for growth.
What you’ll do
Boundless is currently exploring how to leverage legal innovation initiatives in Utah to help us be better partners and guides to our customers navigating the complex U.S. immigraton system, and we are looking for talented and experienced Utah-licensed immigration attorneys to help us achieve this goal.
This position will be critical to Boundless’ successful operations in the Utah Sandbox, as it will deliver a best-in-class customer experience and positive customer outcomes as well as collaborate closely with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to continue innovating on the services and products we offer immigrants. This is a unique opportunity to integrate your background in immigration law with our technology and scale to finally provide access to affordable immigration services for hundreds of thousands of clients, meaningfully increasing access to justice in the immigration space.
In this role, you will
- Support Boundless’ operations in the Utah Sandbox by delivering legal advice to customers across family-based immigration and/or employment-based immigration.
- Partner cross-functionally with product, engineering, and operations teams to help Boundless innovate to deliver excellent legal services in a more affordable, accessible and simple way.
- Ensure compliance with all Utah Sandbox regulatory requirements.
- Assist with case management and resolution of customer complaints, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Utah state bar in the event of an investigation or alleged breach of any regulatory or ethical requirements.
- Inform key internal stakeholders about developments in immigration law and the Utah Sandbox regulatory environment.
- Contribute your own creative ideas around how we can help even more customers in an effective way together.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and admitted to practice in good standing with the State Bar of Utah
- Minimum 2 years post-JD experience with immigration law
- Excellent legal writing skills and clear, concise oral communications
- Intrinsic obsession with delivering a fantastic customer experience
- Want to be at the cutting-edge of legal innovation and implementing access to justice at scale
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse team of cross-functional partners (including non-lawyers)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to quickly adapt to fluid start-up and regulatory environments
Why work for Boundless?
Boundless offers employees the unique opportunity to grow professionally as leaders in the online immigration industry while driving positive social change. Every employee is essential to achieving our core mission of empowering every family to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly and affordably.
We are trailblazers in the online immigration space because we aren’t constrained by convention – We think without bounds. Boundless is a place for employees who aren’t afraid to continuously try new things. We value a spirit of inquiry and look for individuals who ask questions and challenge ideas to move us forward, to understand the why. We encourage our employees to focus on outcomes over output and to address complex challenges with simple solutions. Boundless is all about ownership, accountability, and flexibility in how we approach our individual company roles, and the industry as a whole.