Indeed (501+ Employees, 19% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Indeed is an employment-related metasearch engine for job listings.
At Indeed we’re reinventing how employers hire. As an Indeed UX Researcher you will design and execute research to understand our customers’ needs, synthesize findings and partner with our design team to create excellent and polished user experiences. Come work for a company that values creativity, diversity, and integrity.
We are looking for a qualitative-focused UX researcher who can help the Enterprise team understand the “why” behind behaviors and attitudes of the wide variety of employers that hire using Indeed. These efforts will ensure the experiences we create are easy to use, useful, and efficient. You’ll be working on a research team that has researchers from a variety of disciplines including qualitative, quantitative, and behavioral science. This role will be supporting Indeed’s Hiring Platform team that enables employers to post jobs for which job seekers can directly book virtual and in-person interviews. We are excited to bring a researcher aboard this team to not only help validate ideas that the team already has for this, but to do generative research to source even more ideas.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience with a variety of user research methods, familiarity with industry best practices, and demonstrated experience partnering with your peers in Design, Product, and Engineering to develop and deliver research helps us create world-class experiences that our customers will value highly.
Some of the ways you may support the team include:
- Partner with product, design and engineering to develop and deliver impactful research that informs decisions for key areas of a product.
- Identify the best research approaches to get the right answers based on research questions, timing and resources.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights and recommendations that your stakeholders and peers can act upon.
- Work cross-functionally with researchers from different disciplines to tell a holistic story of customers’ needs, values, and experiences.
Who You Are
- 3+ years conducting user research for software/web based products with demonstrated business impact on the products you worked on.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated discernment and ability to do the right research for the task at hand. We balance speed with the value we provide. We are looking for candidates who have a varied selection of tools in their research toolkit and know which tool to utilize for the task at hand.
- Proactively and closely collaborates with stakeholders to shape and scope research plans that will meet the needs of the project team.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to execute several small projects concurrently.
- Flexible approach to research. Our goal is to provide product teams value. If an existing research method doesn’t do that, we invent our own research methods.
- Experience with remote testing tools.
Who We Are
We are a fast-moving, data-driven UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our teams work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face everyday.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected] at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies – https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits – https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.