StackCommerce (51-200 Employees, 28% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer for our team. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers, internal stakeholders, and business partners. This role is a member of the Product team.
What You’ll Do:
- UX/UI Design. Create and enforce design quality standards that lead to cohesive and delightful user experiences. You will guide the design initiatives across various applications including eCommerce shops, internal admin platform, external facing partner platform, and various others.
- Collaborate. Close coordination with the Product team to develop a shared vision of a product or feature and then lead a process to define the design to deliver on the product’s objectives. Close communication with the Engineering team to ensure delivery of features meet design requirements.
- Think creatively. Don’t be afraid to explore non-conventional approaches to address conventional problems.
- Problem-solve. Strategize & execute on how design helps solve complex problems across multiple apps. Evaluate quality on both design-centric and data driven metrics in regular reviews.
- Passionate. You live and breathe design. You regularly stay up to date on current design trends and enjoy learning new skills as a designer. You have a passion for the user’s experience and the ability to execute that with meaningful and elegant design. Love what you do and have fun in the process.
- Analytical. You have deep knowledge of user-centered design and usability best practices. You understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs. You are able to backup your design decisions with meaningful data or reasoning.
- Experienced. Experience in managing workload against resources and competing priorities, successfully working with leadership and cross-functional teams. You have a great UX/UI portfolio, demonstrating outstanding design, execution, and problem solving skills.
- Collaborative. Have conviction to champion your perspective but able to successfully collaborate with other points of view. Effortlessly collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide concept visualizations, prototypes, specifications, and ultimately high-resolution assets for beautiful user interfaces in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience designing for large-scale eCommerce or SaaS platform
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision
- An online portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to translate wireframes into outstanding visual/UI design
- Advanced understanding of CSS and HTML
- BA/BS degree in Design or similar background or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in UX/UI design
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
- Experience designing for responsive platforms
- Ability to prototype interactions/designs
- Experience building and managing design systems across multiple products
- Experience with Atomic Design Principles & Methodology
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and/or Looker
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and GitHub Issues
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with a creative solution. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 7 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our President over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets and team culture events (even while remote!)
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.