Syllable (51-200 Employees, 68% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Syllable is a technology company based in Sunnyvale, California, leveraging AI and ML to create natural, multimodality support for patients to get things done efficiently across medical practices and hospitals. Our solutions meaningfully improve patients’ pre- and post-clinic visit experiences by harnessing technology that can connect them to what they need the most with less wasted time and energy.
In 2021, Syllable interacted with 39.7M Americans in text and voice, improving their access to primary care, specialty referrals, vaccinations, and general practice information. Syllable’s customers include Parkview Healthcare, Shannon Healthcare, NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell Ambulatory Care Network, Houston Methodist, and Mass General-Brigham. Syllable was also recognized as a most promising startup in healthcare for 2022 by CB Insights, picked as a leader in the private market from a pool of 7,000 companies.
Simplify and enhance everyday interactions between patients and care providers.
Care should begin from the moment an individual reaches out for information, or to schedule an appointment, long before they arrive at the clinic. Great service can turn one patient from feeling like a number to feeling truly cared for. We exist to help health systems improve the patient experience.
Syllable is a user-centric, product-focused company delivering end-to-end healthcare solutions that meaningfully improve patient journeys. As a UX Writer and Content Designer, you’ll employ craft, empathy, logic, and data to inform writing choices and create a unified voice across the Syllable product suite. You’ll help establish the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives. You’ll apply user-centric design methods to UX writing, with a focus on clarity, quality, and accessibility. You’ll partner with people in a variety of UX-related jobs to concept, design, test, and deliver user experiences that will set the standard in the healthcare industry.
- Write clear, empathetic UI text for highly sensitive and failed moments
- Drive vision for content across products and ensure cohesive product narratives
- Create UX writing guidelines and best practices that define tone, style, and word choice across multiple product areas
- Establish flexible, reusable content patterns for new experiences and features and audit existing areas for needed adjustments and opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners from inception through execution to define content, product strategy, and design requirements
- Influence and adapt to stakeholder feedback
- Guide context for for translations and ensure local sensitivity and understanding
- Manage projects across multiple product areas
You must meet these minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Literature, Business, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in writing, editorial, marketing, UX writing, or related, as well as leading content strategy projects
- Experience on UX-focused product writing and shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects
- Portfolio highlighting UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines
Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable:
- 4 – 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience writing across product ecosystems, from mobile operating systems to apps
- Experience with trust, safety, privacy, and security best practices
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices
- Experience developing information architecture for complex interactions
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Ability to collaborate and influence (with or without formal authority) engineering, design, and product management teams
The Syllable team comprises healthcare and technology experts that are passionate about product design, engineering, and operational excellence. Our investors include OakHC/FT, Section 32 and Verily/Alphabet. We are lifelong learners, ending each day together with the question: “What did we learn today and what can we do better?” We show up with humility and a collaborative spirit every day, because we are tackling an important yet challenging problem in healthcare that requires talent and grit.
We offer our employees competitive salary and equity and the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance comparable to major technology companies
- 100% reimbursed mental health benefit
- 15 vacation days plus 10 company holidays
- Career coaching for every employee