Drift (501+ Employees, 59% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Drift®, the Conversation Cloud company, helps businesses buy from business by connecting people at the right time, in the right place with the right conversation. Using the Drift Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences that lead to more quality pipeline, revenue and lifelong customers. Drift brings Conversational Marketing, Conversational Sales and Conversational Service into a single platform that integrates chat, email and video and powers personalized experiences with artificial intelligence (AI) at all stages of the customer journey. More than 5,000 customers use Drift to deliver a more enjoyable and more human buying experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses.
The nature of the role:
- Leading the formal Customer Success function chartered to strategically help customers maximize their adoption of and ROI from Drift including both high-touch, in-person success engagement as well as a digital customer success function
- Steward and evolve the Customer Journey to improve service levels, evolve product, and cultivate strong advocates
- Leading the formal Renewals function chartered to ensure smooth, on-time, win:win renewals
What you’ll be doing on the customer team at Drift:
- Continue hiring a talented and ambitious global team of CSMs who can drive the success and growth of our enterprise customers
- Evolve a strategy for customer engagement, adoption, success planning, change management and growth
- Monitor, measure, and continuously improve Customer Health across multiple dimensions
- Partner with Sales leadership to support the expansion of Drift customers
- Liaise with our Product team to influence product roadmap with customer needs
- Accurately forecast the teams’ performance for current and future quarters
- Hit net retention and customer health targets
- Drive renewal strategy and execution across our customer base
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- We’re looking for an enterprise customer leader who has experience both building and executing a go-to-market strategy for success in a fast growing tech company
- The quality of your success to date supersedes the amount of time you’ve spent doing it. With that said, we want to see someone who has led a successful enterprise team for 8+ years. We need to see demonstrated consistency, growth, and accountability.
- Customer Centricity: You are a trusted partner and advisor to your customers (internal and external), and their needs are your north star.
- Agility/Rigor: “Give me what I need to get moving” is your mantra with your team. As things change and move quickly, you are excited by the fast pace, and opportunity to constantly learn and help your team learn
- Scrappiness: You are energized by rolling up your sleeves and making things happen, and enabling your team to do the same.
- Extreme ownership: You hold yourself accountable to a high bar. You are supremely organized, you see what needs to happen, and you don’t just roll with it, you run with it.
- Implementation, Project & Change Management Chops: You know what it takes to get customers moving quickly and seeing value from software for their business. You also know what it takes to drive change through an organization, and to support CSMs in how to guide customers through that change.
- Problem solving: Getting to the root cause of a challenge and coming up with a solution is second nature to you. You have an eye for identifying problems, and an even stronger skill in taking positive proactive action.
- Results & Data Driven: You understand the metrics of the business you are responsible for, from implementation, adoption, health, retention, to growth, you are constantly evaluating the metrics and output of CSM efforts. You leverage these insights to drive constant improvement. You are 100% comfortable driving team accountability and ownership of their individual customer metrics.
Additional experience required for this role:
- 8+ years of experience leading a customer-facing organization in an enterprise software company; ideally in a B2B or Martech focused company.
- Experience planning and evolving a customer lifecycle tailored to the unique needs of the customer base
- Demonstrated success of driving operational efficiencies while maintaining a constant focus on the customer.
- Thorough understanding of Customer Success operations, including performance benchmarks/levers, implementation methodology, resource deployment, staff development, services quoting, and partner management
- Experience in leadership capacity as part of a global organization is strongly preferred.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork — and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our Founder.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]