Phocas Software (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Phocas offers solutions for Analytics, Budgeting and Forecasting and Financial Statements that work seamlessly together to help businesses report, budget, and act faster by putting data in the hands of decision makers. We provide software to help people feel good about using data.
Our solutions help you access the most useful data in your ERP and other business systems and presents it in a way that makes it easy to analyze by anyone.
To put it in a nut shell, we’ve got a great product, loyal customers and a happy team! We hire really smart people who are incredibly curious and passionate about alleviating customer’s pain, but also about changing people’s lives through how they do their job.
The VP of Finance takes a leadership and commercial partnering role as a financial advisor to the US President and senior leadership team, providing strategic financial insight that drives performance across the business. The VP of US Finance is a critical role locally and within the global finance function, contributing to the commercial and financial leadership and delivery of outcomes required from a commercial and statutory standpoint within the US business.
Drive commercial accountability for the US business, providing decision support capability, financial information, reporting, forecasting, preparing investment and business cases for business proposals and analysis & commentary of business unit performance. Main activities include:
- Business Partnering
- Strategic Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Financial modelling, analysis & interpretation
- Decision Support
- Global Management and Statutory Reporting (US business)
- US statutory support for global finance operations and processes
- Tax, treasury, risk and compliance
- Provide commercial insights and direction, including trend and comparative analysis, to shape business decisions, partnering with the business to deliver performance targets.
- Develop decision making frameworks for effective decision making on new business, revenue and growth opportunities.
- Identify critical areas of strength and weakness in financial performance leading to recommendations of forward-looking business strategies.
- involvement in processes that impact profitability such as resourcing and utilization.
- Support global finance reporting in providing US monthly reporting and insight on results.
- Developing budgets and forecasts for the US business as part of global financial planning activities.
- Oversee all local aspects of global finance operations, including receivables, payables, payroll and tax preparation.
- Analysis and interpretation of results and preparation of financial and operating reports to support financial planning, control and performance management processes.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keep the US President and Group CFO informed of all critical issues.
- Ensure Phocas Inc. is adhering to US financial legislative requirements, contributing to improvements in administration and operational accounting services, processes and controls.
- Ensure activities comply with legal, professional and ethical standards.
- Participate in the development of global management reporting systems and accounting methods to improve existing procedures or the communication of management information.
- Drive and develop relationships across the business and broader finance function in order to understand business and information requirements.
- Work as a key member of the US Executive and Global Finance team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the finance function across the group.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of finance professionals who understand and partner with the business.
- Define and communicate clear guidelines for direct reports on job requirements and department objectives.
- Provide coaching, feedback and development opportunities for direct reports as applicable, completing performance reviews and developing performance plans with direct reports.
- Ensure US business unit contributes to and works within Group policies, process and governance requirements.
- Embrace change and positively develop and implement change programs throughout finance and the organization.
- Other duties as reasonably directed.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
- Ensure that co-workers are treated respectfully and without any form of discrimination, harassment or victimization.
- Be a positive, willing and adaptable member of the team at all times.
- CPA qualified.
- Significant previous experience as senior finance professional within medium to large enterprise.
- Deep knowledge of how to make effective financial decisions based upon financial models, scenario analysis and experience.
- The ability to develop and drive strategic operating plans and forecasting.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team of professional employees.
- The ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders to provide strategic guidance and decision support.
- MBA/Post Graduate studies.
- Experience in SaaS.
- Experience in scaling business within US market.
- External market facing / investor relations.
Fun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work!
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your own
- Growth: Opportunity to be more – for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a strong family orientated culture
In addition to a fun and fulfilling team and environment, other benefits provided include:
- 401(k) match
- Company paid medical, vision and dental with buy-up options
- Generous time off – 20-vacation days and 10-sick days plus generous company holiday schedule
- Remote work available
These 3 words are what Phocas endeavors to provide to our employees and underpins everything we do.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.