Automattic (501+ Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WordPress VIP (WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We work with customers like Salesforce, Facebook, CNN, Slack, Time, Capgemini and hundreds more to empower their teams to produce digital content faster and smarter, while also ensuring premium security and scalability.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Vice President of Sales Operations to work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and other executive leadership to optimize our global sales strategy, lead sales operations, and build sales enablement across our go-to-market organization.
In this role, you’ll work directly with VIP’s Chief Revenue Officer to deliver operating plans created by our business leaders. You’ll be responsible for ensuring our business is highly data-driven, accountable to action, and attaining business objectives.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully-remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our Benefits Page. Check out these links to learn more about How We Hire and What We Expect from Ourselves.
- Collaborate with finance and sales leaders to create a consistent framework for forecasting, analytics, and headcount planning that delivers predictable forecast results
- Deliver data-driven insights around areas of development to unlock sales growth
- Create a cadence and framework for critical leader meetings and team collaboration
- Evaluate regional territories, account assignments, lead generation, and performance objectives across the business
- Optimize visibility and alignment across the global sales organization
- Build and evolve our sales enablement and training
- Aid in building additional sales capabilities to sell products and offerings from within the Automattic portfolio, or from direct acquisitions
- Lead our operation reviews
- Collaborate closely with our partnership, marketing, customer success, and product organizations to ensure our plans are integrated across the business
- Experience as a VP or Senior Director of Sales (Strategy, Operations, or Enablement) for a high scale SaaS platform
- Demonstrated success building and leading high-performing sales organizations across a global enterprise
- Proficiency in building and developing sales enablement and training programs
- Expert at leading operations reviews
- Passionate about using data-driven insights to drive effective sales strategy
- Ability to work North American hours (UTC-5 to UTC-8) and coordinate with a distributed global team
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.