Visa (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The VIP Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e., phone, email, chat) and is the primary point of contact for the traveler or arranger that provides active travel consultation on business travel details. This position performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. This role will be required to interact with Visa’s Travel Management Company (TMC), and use their technology and systems to perform the duties of this role.
- Acts as a trusted advisor by offering informed and insightful recommendations which provide the best traveler experience in each situation
- Arrange standard and complex domestic and international travel reservations for executives including air, rail, hotel, and ground transportation
- Strong understanding of Visa’s travel policy and can appropriately guide and consistently provide consultation for all travel requests
- Responds to requests (phone, email, chat) promptly, completely, and professionally
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Maintains, actively communicates, and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and any associated penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Resolves complex problems/escalations including non-standard and multi-destinations, ticket exchanges and complex fares for all travel
This is a remote position. A remote position does not require job duties be performed within proximity of a Visa office location. Remote positions may be required to be present at a Visa office with scheduled notice.
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Sabre GDS experience required
• Amadeus GDS experience preferred
• 5+ years VIP corporate travel experience required
• Ability to work independently but part of a larger global team
• Strong travel technology knowledge, such as implementation, customizations and support
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior to executive management.
• Strong focus on customer service to exceed normal satisfaction levels from both the Global Travel Team and our contracted vendors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Great active listening and information gathering skills
• Excellent working knowledge of the travel industry, application of client travel policies, procedures and processes
• Proactively assists the Travel team and other team members in resolving problems, learning and research
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.