Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Amazon Devices and Services Design Group (DDG) is a multidisciplinary design team that is responsible for the UX of Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Echo Family Devices, Alexa Mobile and more. DDG’s mission is to bring to life delightful, easy-to-use, and high value experiences for our customers.
This Visual Creative Director role is within DDG’s Design Futures – Global Trends and Foresight team.We identify and analyze the major trends shaping the future of design and design experiences. We work across a broad range of socio-cultural sectors and locations to contextualize the impact of global trends to support strategic and design decisions for the near and far future and we’re just damn inspirational.
Global Trends and Foresight including Pi Media is Amazon Devices Design’s trends, publication and conference group. We lead all aspects of all of Amazon Devices Design Trends and Foresight analysis and outputs.
We are seeking a senior creative leader to partner in planning, designing, management, and delivery across Pi’s media platforms (print/digital/experience+). In this role, you will oversee the creative direction and collaboration in the creative organization of Pi.
You will partner closely with the Global Trends and Foresight Manager, Managing Editor, Image Researcher and Curator, and other collaborators to help define and drive the strategic and creative, vision and roadmap of Pi, including an annual conference. You will help establish a pool of designers and supervise the visual tone of Pi and collaborate across the multi-disciplinary and global located Pi organization, to build, transform, and launch a multi-touchpoint media offering.
- You have at least 15-20 years of overall experience in graphic design and editorial design.
- You have a diverse portfolio of innovative editorial thinking and execution.
- You have a vision and passion for design.
- You have demonstrable visual and sensory narrative skills.
- You are a hardworking leader, with demonstrative management, mentorship, and interpersonal skills, who can motivate, encourage, and manage and inspire through ambiguous situations.
- You can cogently and articulately present, collaborate, and respectfully debate with peers and leaders.
- You thrive in a collaborative, multi-location and creative environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.