Gravity Forms (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin used originally for contact forms, and has continued to grow into a solution that allows site owners to create forms to collect information, create custom workflows, and build ecommerce solutions. Gravity Forms is a software solution built by the team at Rocketgenius.
Our team is looking for a visual designer to join our marketing team. You will have prior experience working at an agency or in-house, on growth or marketing channels like websites, landing pages, emails, ads, social media, and blog imagery. You’ll be collaborating with an awesome marketing team and a development team, working on large marketing initiatives and website UI/UX problems.
As a Designer on the Marketing team, your responsibilities will include understanding and building upon primary design principles (typography, layout, information architecture, and web UI), while improving existing conventions such as frameworks, design systems, brand guidelines, and landing page templates. You will work with a range of disciplines including copy, design, video, web development, and strategy. You’ll partner with the marketing team, web development team, product team, and more. -You have a team-first mentality and are eager to step in to help or learn new skills. You will report to the Director of Brand and Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate an expertise in typography, composition, layout, design thinking, and content strategy in the design solutions you create.
- Tackle various design tasks — your work will be highly focused on continuing to design new sections of our front-facing website properties, as the entrance to Gravity Forms for millions of users, you’ll help gravityforms.com stay up-to-date and relevant. You will also help design and maintain docs.gravityforms.com and other website properties we have up our sleeves. You will collaborate with various disciplines to design event booth graphics, work on apparel and shirt designs, and ideate swag and giveaways.
- Work through complex problems in order to create beautiful and thoughtful designs.
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation.
- Design visual concepts, assets, and visual treatments for various marketing materials
- Work with our Creative Director to guarantee an integrated brand experience throughout all of our social and marketing channels.
- Iterate quickly and communicate ideas across several levels of fidelity, with the ability to receive feedback constructively and provide feedback to other’s work.
- Balance a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency.
- Work cross-teams, where you’ll partner with operations, product, support, and other leadership stakeholders to design solid user experiences for our websites.
- Collaborate with trust – You’ll build trust and credibility through actions and results; getting buy-in from your fellow team members is key to this role’s success.
Is This You?
- 3-5 years of industry or freelance visual design experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with Figma and / Sketch
- A solid portfolio of visual design projects
- Experience designing for the web
- Experience working cross-functionally to launch integrated marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and social media
- Familiarity with parts of the agile process
- Experience with remote working.
- Experience with Gravity Forms.
- Experience with website building on a CMS (e.g. WordPress)
- Experience with creating visuals in 3D and animation (e.g. Lottie & Procreate)
- Experience designing marketing solutions for another high-profile WordPress theme or plugin.
- Experience designing apparel graphics, swag, or product-related UI/UX.
- Fluent in multiple languages.
The Application Process
- A brief series of emails and or Slack chats.
- A short video call to meet the Director of Brand and Marketing.
- A brief paid trial project lasting between 1-2 weeks, depending on your availability, which will give us the opportunity to see what it’s like working together.
- A formal offer.
Working For Us
- Work-life balance is important to us so we encourage flexible working hours whenever possible so you can find an equilibrium that allows you to prioritize both your personal life and your career. If you need to go to a doctor’s appointment or take time to care for a sick child, we don’t expect you to make up that time. If your personal responsibilities require you to work irregular hours, that’s fine as long as you communicate your availability to your teammates.
- Paid Time Off: Our flexible PTO policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to place trust in your judgment, and help you get away when possible and handle life events. Recharge your batteries to be at your best!
- Health Insurance: For US-based employees, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage for you, your spouse and dependents, and we will pay 100% of your premiums. That’s right, the lot!
- Retirement: we provide you a mechanism to invest in your future self, and will provide company contributions as well.
- Rocketgenius (the makers of Gravity Forms) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.