Samsara (501+ Employees, 27% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We’re driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Futurist to advance our mission of increasing the safety, efficiency and sustainability of physical operations.
This role is the first-of-its-kind at Samsara and reports to our Chief Marketing Officer. The right candidate will not be afraid to be an original and public voice, question the status quo, or put their name to bold predictions regarding the future of physical operations.
This role is crucial for predicting and explaining the accelerating digital transformation of physical operations, which represents more than 40% of the global GDP, during a period of unprecedented global challenges. These insights will be critical to helping our customers and the broader public navigate periods of uncertainty.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with the communications teams and key stakeholders to paint a vision of the future of physical operations that is rooted in both data and your expertise.
- Leverage Samsara’s assets and customer journeys to add depth and color to predictions.
- Represent the company in a wide variety of settings to share your predictions and how Samsara is preparing its customers across mission-critical industries.
- Be comfortable traveling extensively to present at conferences and corporate events in North America, Western Europe, and other regions.
- Engage with business and tech reporters on- and off-the-record, as well as influencers and technical insiders, on where global physical operations are headed.
- Publish research on Samsara-owned sites, in external peer-reviewed journals and on news sites and blogs.
- Develop and deliver speaking opportunities about the future of physical operations.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s core values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 12+ years engaging with and researching how physical operations have changed across industries. Professional experience working in physical operations is preferred.
- A track record of thought leadership, including making original and bold predictions based on qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- A portfolio of published news articles, think pieces, and/or academic studies on physical operations and technology’s increasing role.
- Experience speaking to news reporters and speaking on behalf of an organization.
- Comfort with extensive global travel for speaking engagements, conferences, and media interviews, as well as in-house meetings.
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- A bachelor’s degree required, with a master’s or PhD in a relevant field preferred.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.