Brainlabs (201-500 Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Brainlabs is a data-led marketing agency, helping businesses build experimentation-led marketing through display, CRO and analytics.
VP, Media Planning
Team: Executive Team
Reporting to: CEO
Estimated Start: September 2021
Location: REMOTE – Eastern Time Zone preferrred
Work Authorization: This role is open to US Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for a VP, Media Planning with deep experience in using data to ground compelling digital marketing strategy who can lead the campaign planning strategy and process for our US portfolio. You will collaborate with client leaders to create planning best practices and develop robust media plans for our US client roster.
As our VP, Media Planning, you will drive future growth of the business by enhancing our Planning function. This will include expanding the scope of activity from predominantly performance-based digital marketing strategies to opening doors to emerging data-rich media environments such as digital OOH and Smart TV. You’ll fuse 3rd party data into our work to enable us to prove we drive CMO marketing objectives vs. just CPA.
Tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
What this job is:
- Strategic and Tactical – you will be responsible for creating a scalable campaign planning process and executing the planning strategy for the US portfolio. This will involve enhancing measurement frameworks and attribution approach, creating a planning toolkit, and eventually you’ll manage a team of budding planners across the business so that all clients at Brainlabs receive the best planning experience.
- Visible – you’ll be working closely with our hive leaders, client contacts, and key stakeholders in the business to monitor cross-sell growth and identify growth opportunities across the US portfolio
- Innovative – you will be energized by creating and presenting compelling narratives that embed channel-specific digital strategies in a cohesive overarching plan that delivers above and beyond the client’s expectations
Give me a breakdown of what a VP, Media Planning does at Brainlabs does:
- Ownership and oversight of the planning proposition, with a view to cultivate and develop Brainlabs planning approach putting data, innovation, and creativity at the forefront with a sound bedrock of measurement and attribution
- Ownership and oversight of the planning function reviewing key elements such as roles and responsibilities, budgeting and third party tool usage
- Working with the Brainlabs Hive teams – particularly Exec Client Sponsors, SVP and Client Partners – to construct and present multi-channel and multi-product marketing plans for clients
- Foster meaningful relationships for key clients where planning and campaign led activity is a priority
New business pitches:
- Ownership of the planning, narrative and forecast output for all key pitches, spending 40% of time on winning new business. Leading the Client Partners to construct and present multi-channel and multi-product marketing plans for pitches
- Coach and educate the client teams and product specialists on the planning function to ensure ambitious multi-product and multi-channel strategies are understood and executed in the way they were intended.
- Collaborate with Hive Leads to ensure planning best practices are adopted and implemented across the US business
- Exec Sponsorship of certain client relationships and to assist in growing them and guiding the Hive teams on commercial excellence as well as client satisfaction in the Exec Sponsor role
What talents and experience would suit this role?
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing and media planning experience, with the majority of those years spent working with enterprise-level clients and delivering exceptional media plans
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience, with a preference for those who have previously managed a team of 5 or more
- Thorough knowledge of all performance marketing channels
- Experience of being an effective changemaker, driving business critical initiatives and inspiring teams to be better
- Excellent leader – motivational and visionary. Has the ability to work as a team player as well as work on own initiatives
- Skilled communicator with ability to adapt method and approach depending on message and audience
- Solutions focused, self motivated, good under pressure and able to deal with unforeseen challenges
- Has the ability to influence stakeholders positively, in order to achieve results that are in the best interest of Brainlabs
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, explain and delegate tasks to others
- Demonstrated alignment to our company values
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to [email protected]