CircleCI (501+ Employees, 94% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, JP LeBlanc, the VP of Product Engineering will lead the next stage of rapid engineering growth with an emphasis on balanced scaling. Bringing an operational perspective to every aspect of the organization; from employee lifecycle to delivery processes, you will make it easier for our team of outstanding engineers and managers to focus on delivering customer value!
You will work across the extended executive team to build a Product Engineering team that is able to sustainably deliver against goals. You’ll drive long-term planning cycles, coordinating inputs from inside and outside of engineering to set shared goals with corporate strategy, and ensuring everyone involved has what they need to achieve those goals.
Role and Responsibilities
Partner with the Engineering Leadership Team, including your engineering leaders to build an organization capable of delivering against the company’s long-term goals.
- Ensure members of the engineering organization and all other partners have the required transparency into product delivery to handle their own outcomes
- Focus engineering efforts through effective use of the OKR framework
- Simplify and consolidate metrics, processes, and tools to enable everyone to get their job done with minimal overhead
- Model, plan, forecast, and supervise efforts across the organization on multiple time horizons
- Set a new standard for operational excellence and grow everyone around you
- Build the space for engineers to do extraordinary work while growing personally
- Establish a team to help you do all of the above!
- Confirmed experience in software engineering and engineering management, including VP-level roles
- Experience scaling in a late-stage VC-funded startup with an engineering team in the 100s
- Track record enabling highly distributed teams, including international
- Deep understanding of the software delivery lifecycle
- Proven ability to support sustainable scale through enablement
- Strong financial perspective with a focus on return on investment for engineering effort
- Ability to generate outcomes by driving accountability above, below, and around you
- Desire to ask the right questions to help prioritize outside your own areas of expertise
- Strong opinions developed through experience and the ability to adapt those experiences to new environments
- History of mentoring senior team members to do their best work
- A desire to pursue excellence through small increments of improvement
Engineering at CircleCI is Remote-First
Being remote-first, we foster a culture that is inclusive of remote workers while allowing everyone to be the most productive. Read more about our remote-first culture here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.