Peloton (501+ Employees, 80% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton’s People Operations team is looking for a Workers’ Compensation Specialist to assist in the day-to-day operations of our U.S. and Canada LOA and WC programs. This role will work closely with the Leave Administration Manager as well as other teams internally, such as our People Team, Legal, Finance, and Payroll, to help develop communications and processes, and to help design and implement standards and procedures that are scalable for our growing business. You have a good head for comprehensive claim management and overall program compliance and will guide team members, managers, and People Business Partners through the delicate claim processes. You should be comfortable (and thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. You are a critical thinker who is naturally curious and intrinsically motivated to continuously improve the way we work. You are an individual contributor but you also enjoy working on multiple projects with teams.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Coordinates the administration of the workers’ compensation program with applicable federal and state US Leave programs, as well as Canadian territory programs
- Establishes standards and procedures for all matters relating to workers’ compensation program
- Monitors day-to-day workers’ compensation claims activity and act as a liaison with Third Party Administrator (TPA), internal reporting programs, and Insurance Vendor
- Communicates with team members, supervisors, and managers regarding the information needed to process claims (e.g. medical documentation, injury/incident reports, claim updates, return to work information, etc.)
- Communicates with team members, supervisors, and managers regarding work-related restrictions (e.g. can restrictions be met, how long can they be accommodated, are they following all instructions provided, etc.)
- Determines actual time missed from work due to work-related injuries and illnesses for purposes of Payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis
- Sends all requested information to claims adjusters or State WCB in a timely manner for processing
- Attends and participates in claims review meetings with TPA and Insurance Vendor
- Reviews loss run history with TPA as needed
- Takes initiative to remain current with trends and laws in the field of workers’ compensation
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years experience with workers compensation and leave of absence claim handling required
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the worker’s compensation and leave of absence in the US and Canada, including WC reporting requirements in monopolistic states and Canadian territories
- General knowledge of OSHA laws preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and leave programs required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.