Philips (501+ Employees, 83% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Zone Installation Specialist, Medical Imaging (Midwest Zone)
This role will offer a one-time lump sum sign-on bonus of $5,000, less applicable taxes.
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Join Philips Healthcare as a Zone Installation Specialist (Midwest Zone) where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class install and customer service!
You are responsible for:
- Work to learn installation process and establish rapport with customers.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues, with assistance as needed.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and resolve customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Begins to gain understanding of customer’s business and competitive environment.
- Adopts best practices.
- Schedules own activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools).
- Actively participates as a member of installation work team. May be asked to participate in other work teams to provide service to customers.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes, which may include timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- With some assistance, resolve equipment and customer issues.
- May be asked to complete PMs and FCOs, within the modality for which they are qualified.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
- Utilize tools, support, resources and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
You are a part of:
The Midwest Zone Installation Specialist team supporting the Imaging Field Service organization. You’ll benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a ‘One Team’ culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of computers and networking.
- Strong computer skills utilizing the MS Office suite of products.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is in compliance with Philips’ Fleet Policy.
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical and electrical theory preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment, to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment.
- Prefer BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment preferred.
- Experience with Diagnostic X-ray and/or Image Guided Therapy equipment is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Travel can be up to 100% via car and/or plane. May include weekend stays and occasional international travel.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment, in finished and unfinished exam rooms, and remotely from home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
- This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours.
- Occasional sitting, climbing stairs, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, twisting, balancing, reaching, grasping, repetitive hand movements, and extended reach.
- Continuous lifting and carrying up to 20lbs.
- Occasional lifting of 20lbs to 100lbs, carrying of 20lbs to 50lbs.
- Rarely required to lift or carry over 100lbs. Would use specialized equipment to assist in lifting and carrying anything over 100 lbs.
- Frequently works from ladders or scaffolding.
- Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Continuous standing, walking, speaking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and gloves.
In return, we offer you:
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran