GitLab (501+ Employees, 112% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
GitLab is a web-based open source Git repository manager with wiki and issue tracking features and built-in CI/CD.
(Product and Privacy)
- GitLab’s DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently.
- We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
- The Paralegal, Privacy & Product works collaboratively with the Legal Privacy & Product team on a broad range of areas, including privacy, marketing and product.
- This team member also provides organizational and substantive support to the Legal team and builds out new systems and procedures as needed.
- Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you’ll do in this role
- 5+ years paralegal experience at an international in-house legal department.
- CIPP certification preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication. and organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on a variety of matters.
- Excellent tech skills, including G-Suite applications and Slack.
- Experience of GitLab a plus.
- Exceptional level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Self-starter who has exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team-player with a sense of humor who is intellectually curious, capable of learning on the job, and developing new approaches when there are no precedents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We’re looking for
- Assist the privacy team with a variety of privacy matters such as the intake and review of privacy questionnaires; provide advice relating to data subject access requests and other privacy issues; help manage the privacy program and make process improvements;
- Assist in handling of DMCA requests and abuse responses;
- Manage the receipt of law enforcement requests and assist with responses;
- Work with the product, marketing and legal teams on matters ranging from licensing, operations issues, to terms for Sweepstake and Contests;
- Manage the Legal Issue tracker and triage issues received internal and externally
- Contract Management
- Conduct research as required
- Assist on other projects as needed
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.