Stack Overflow (501+ Employees, 31% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Product Marketing Manager, Advertising
Stack Overflow is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help manage and grow our portfolio of advertising products. Today’s leading technology brands turn to Stack Overflow Advertising to reach and engage more than 100 million developers and technologists that visit our platform each month.
While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM – 1PM US Eastern time.
Who we’re looking for…
- You understand the B2B digital advertising space.
- You have product marketing experience where you were marketing a technology product or service to developers and technologists.
- You are a trusted partner. Product, Sales, and other Marketing team members have turned to you for your knowledge and perspective. They have enjoyed collaborating with you and trust that you’ll be critically thinking about everything that comes your way.
- You have managed product launches from initial ideation through development alongside Product teams, performed competitive analyses, crafted positioning and messaging, defined pricing, and developed go to market strategies.
- You have produced assets tailored to key buyer personas across a variety of formats including pitch decks, website copy, webinars, eBooks, videos, email, blogs and social.
- You know why attention to detail is important and you focus on the details in everything you do.
- You are comfortable working with data. You know how to get the data you need, how to analyze it, and turn it into stories to support product positioning, marketing campaigns, or sales collateral.
What you’ll be doing…
- Priority 1 – partner with Product to support the Stack Overflow Advertising portfolio. This includes strategic initiatives like developing buyer personas, positioning and messaging, and pricing, as well as the more tactical execution of collateral, website experience, go to market plans, and sales enablement.
- Priority 2 – analyze and package audience data and insights to tell a story. Support RFPs, RFIs and other sales requests for prospects and clients. Create assets for campaigns, the website and other channels to help prospects understand our community of developers and technologists.
- Priority 3 – partner with Demand Gen and Content partners to develop campaign, event, and content strategies to generate awareness and interest in our products.
Who you’ll be working with…
- You’ll be on the Product Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Marketing for our Reach and Relevance products.
- In addition to your Marketing partners, you’ll also be working with Product, Sales, Customer Success, Research, Design, RevOps, and Legal. We’re a highly collaborative company.
- 3-5 years of prior B2B tech product marketing experience with complete ownership of product launches, messaging and positioning, sales collateral and training.
- Planned, managed or executed digital demand gen strategies and tactics.
- Experience with advertising, adtech, or media products is highly desirable.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- You have done these things:
- Work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Manage priorities independently
- Think strategically, while rolling up your sleeves to execute at a tactical level
- Communicate effectively – you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- Write up findings and present them to various partners so they know what they need to know and have clear direction to make decisions
- Technologies you’ve used: Google Sheets and Slides, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Comscore, Looker, Google Ad Manager
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway – we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter – please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.