Doximity (501+ Employees, 50% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Doximity is the leading digital platform for medical professionals. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive so they can provide better healthcare for their patients. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of medicine. We are currently expanding our world-class communications team and looking for a communications manager to support our media relations efforts. This person will focus on content development and driving top-tier press for our key product areas and commercial efforts. This individual will also play an important role in supporting our customers as press references and help to document how doctors are getting value from using our network.
A passion for healthcare, storytelling and the written word are essential. If you are news savvy, comfortable with numbers and data, and love writing, then this is the perfect job for you!
This role can is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
- Writing and content development. This includes press releases, contributed articles, blog posts, data reports, messaging and more.
- Driving media placements across key product areas and for our ongoing research projects.
- Managing press opportunities through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople and tracking through the publishing process.
- Working directly with customers and members of the Doximity network to develop them as press references.
- Driving customer and product news announcements. This includes developing outreach plans, writing, coordinating press pitching with our agency partners and recap reporting.
- Managing agency and freelancer support day-to-day on key maintenance items, such as editorial calendars, award submissions and speaker’s bureau.
Background and skills
- 5-7 years in public relations, ideally with extensive PR agency experience. Healthcare or digital healthcare background is preferred.
- Stellar writing and editing skills. Able to write in a consumer-friendly language that resonates with target audiences and the media.
- Strong storytelling skills, and the ability to translate complex ideas into compelling narratives that are clean and simple.
- A consistent track record of securing top-tier press. Excellent relationships at business outlets, key dailies, healthcare trade publications, technology and broadcast outlets. Prior experience with top healthcare, tech or pharmaceutical brands preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize projects.
- Comfortable working across internal teams, with external partners and agencies to achieve results.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the healthcare field. And a great sense of humor!
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Drive, Cision, and PR Newswire. Familiarity with Onclusive for reporting metrics is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Economics or Journalism preferred.
Founded in 2010, Doximity is the leading digital platform for medical professionals. The company’s network members include over 80% of U.S. physicians across all specialties and practice areas. Doximity provides its verified clinical membership with digital tools built for medicine, enabling them to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers and conduct virtual patient visits. Doximity’s mission is to help doctors be more productive so they can provide better healthcare for their patients. For more information, please visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.